Home Menopause Forum Menopause at Work

Menopause links at work

Morning ladies. How do you find things at work while going through menopause?

Does your workplace have things in place to help you?

Are you colleagues and management supporting you?

I have been in an office with 9 other women and I struggled as most of them are always cold so I've now been given my own office where I can have the window wide open and nobody moans :) it's amazing the difference it has made to how I cope while on a 10 hour shift.

Let us know how you cope and what has been done to help and support you.

Happy Saturday ladies ❤️

Comments

• Mary78Mary78 Posts: 30 ✭✭

oh that's fantastic to hear! I don't have hot flushes (yet lol), but can get extremely irritated for no reason...also keep forgetting things which affects my work. I'm working fomr home and it's hard to stay motivated.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Julie20

I work remotely now my company has always been 100% remote so I deal with my menopausal symptoms on my own at the house. But when I went to an office, I had a fan in my office and that helped out a lot and I had my own office so when I didn't want to be bothered I could close my door.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Mary78

Yes, sometimes it is hard to concentrate and stay motivated when you work from home so I have to take several breaks so that I can focus and sometimes I listen to music and that helps me.

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

I now work from home on Tuesdays and I love it. Working all day while I'm my pj's. Can't beat it :)

• SuzCSuzC Posts: 9

I have no support whatsoever. I don't think my bosses know / care about the menopause.Is there anything we employees can do? I'm not the only menopausal lady at work but have no idea how to start a conversation around this tbh.

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 345 mod

Hi @SuzC that's really sad to hear. You would think that they would realise that it happens to all women and have something in place. Do you work in a big company? Or have occupational health? I work in the NHS so guess they have to acknowledge it. It may be worth speaking with other ladies of your age and setting up a support group with each other. Having someone to rant to at work when you are having a bad day makes a big difference x