Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Introduction seems in order.........

Hello everyone,

Just joined the community and so happy to be here. I went to see my PCP yesterday because I am having horrible bouts of anxiety and depression. I suffered from anxiety since my early 20's, finally found the medication that kept it all under control and everything was perfect until now.
 My doctor refuses to give me HRT, says too many disadvantages.....I took all I had in me to tell her I felt like I was going to have a nervous breakdown and to just give the darn prescription. She referred me to my psychiatrist so she can adjust my antidepressants which I am ok with it (at this point I will even try voodoo) but it feels to me that since is a hormonal problem it should be managed differently.
 I wish I could go to sleep and wake up when all this is over. I can deal with everything, anything, but going through the whole anxiety experience again, struggling to function in the world - I work full time -  Yesterday I wanted to bawl the whole time I was at the office but I held it together, got in my car and started crying, got home, continued crying and did so for like 2 hours.  
So at this moment in time, I am going to start research and find out what is out there as far as natural over the counter supplements that might help. If you have any suggestions, please, suggest away. 
So just wanted to introduce myself, share what my struggle is at this time; I am very scared, I don't ever want to experience anxiety. Today I woke up, meditated for 30 mins, power walked for a mile and a half in a desperate attempt to hang on to my sanity. Then it turns out, I also have some virus going on.......got to work, was having the worst chills ever and felt like someone let the air out of the balloon. Came home, slept for a while and went online and I found you ladies :)

Hope everyone well,

Lourdes

Comments

• KazKenn24KazKenn24 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    @Lourdes_1108 The warmest of welcomes to you. It's so lovely to have you in the community, and thank you so much for sharing your story. It's frustrating when you speak to your doctor and you don't feel as if they're listening properly to you. It's great that you've been referred to your Psychiatrist though - perhaps you could take the time to jot down some of the things which are troubling you, including that you think your anxiety/depression is being exacerbated by hormonal issues this time around. Sometimes it's easier to get all your points across if you organise your thoughts on paper before you go! I know that I tend to lose my place, and forget what I want to say when I'm at the doctor. They have so little time to speak with you that it's easy to forget and rush! All the menopause symptoms that come along can be overwhelming, so it's not surprising that you find yourself in tears. Any other user on this site will have experienced the same at some point or another! You are perfectly normal! Have a good look around the website - there are loads of articles and helpful tips and hints to help get you through. Doing some research to find natural alternatives to HRT is a good thing. No, in fact it's a great thing! It will make you feel empowered and more in control of what's happening to your body at the moment. Please don't be scared at all. We are all here to support one another, and it's great to have you with us :3

• Thank you @KazKenn24, I am so moved by your words, thanks........    <3    * crying of course * 
  • KazKenn24KazKenn24 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    Thank you @KazKenn24, I am so moved by your words, thanks........    <3    * crying of course * 
    <3