Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Excessive Bleeding

JessinCaJessinCa Posts: 1

Hi. I’m 50. My periods have always been pretty regular. They’ve just gotten heavier since I turned 40. However I have been bleeding for the last 24+ days. Some days are light only spotting, some are little heavier with some cramping, but nothing like my normal periods are. I have spoken to my Dr and I have an appointment Friday for a pelvic ultra sound and she just gave me a prescription for a low does birth control (Isibloom) to stop the bleeding. Has anyone had bleeding for that long?

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 335 mod

Hi @JessinCa sorry to hear you are going through this. I also had bleeding like you are experiencing. I bled for 6 weeks and had an external and internal scan and found I had fibroids. I had the mirena coil put in. I bled for another 5 weeks but since then apart from the odd bleed it's been fine.

Is this a route you would be happy to consider? The coil is given to a lot of ladies going through menopause and it seems to work for the majority.

Try not to worry as its quite common. Good luck with the scan and let me know how you get on x