Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Coming off of HRT

KayLoveKayLove Posts: 2

Hello Diane

I have had two BIO Te pellet procedures and things were going ok until the break through bleeding began, shortly after that I started having severe labor like cramps. I had an ultra sound done and there is a fibroid located in my uterus. I'm assuming that's why I started experiencing extremely heavy bleeding with many clots. I'm now 54 years old I was just about 8 mos into not having a period before I started with the pellet so my period had not stopped for a full year and I did have a light period during the 8 mos I didn't count it because it only lasted 3 days and was very light.

I have stopped taking the progesterone, which threw my body into a tizzy with heavy bleeding, cramps. and huge blood clots. today is the first day it is starting to subside after 4 days of misery, I would like to know if taking the Maca Pause will balance my hormones and keep me from going back into the symptoms that caused me to try the HRT in the first place? I definitely do not want to go back to that again and hopefully my period will cease for good not that I'm no longer using hormones

so far I feel so much better without taking progesterone I don't have the painful swollen breast and I lost 4lbs immediately, it literally caused me to gain weight and quickly. I felt depressed at times and that has subsided, however now I have had up and down mood swings as of today, I'm sure that will balance out.

Can you tell how to transition over to taking the Maca Pause now

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 349 Community Admin

Hi @KayLove,

Thank you for posting!

@DianePorterfield-Bourne is this something you can advise on? @KayLove, I have tagged Diane into this discussion, she'll get back to you as soon as possible. However for a speedy response, I'd ask Diane under her specific expert page, please see below (this is the page she's checking regularly for inquiries):

I'd also ask our onsite Nutritionist, Nicki Williams about Macapause specifically. You can ask her here.

In the meantime, I found a couple of articles that mention Macapause, they might be helpful:

Hope this helps!

BW,

Blanka

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 192 mod

@KayLove

Hi KayLove,

Thanks for posing that question regarding Maca Pause, I was wondering if it is a good supplement to take. I try not to take that many medications but I am open to taking some supplements every now and then if it helps.

If you get Maca Pause let me know what you think about it.

Thanks

• Diane Porterfield-BourneDiane Porterfield-Bourne Posts: 267 Menopause Nurse Practitioner

@KayLove

Thank you for including me in on your post.

It certain sounds like you have been struggling especially around heavy periods.

Bio Te Pellets is not something I have come across but it is a type of unregulated bio-identitical HRT.

Unfortunately these types of HRT are not what the health profession (GP, NHS, British Menopause Society) advocate. It is very difficult to advice when taking these products as it is an unknown product..

I do not and don't ever advocate this type of HRT; only regulated, researched, pharmaceutical based HRT which we have many many years of research on.

Macca is not known to be effective and is not recommended. I would always strongly advice anyone who wants to take herbal supplements to consult with a medical qualified herbal practitioner.

I can only advise you but I would strongly recommend talking to your GP and taking it from there.

I hope I have pointed you in the right directions.

Good Luck.

Best Wishes

Diane Porterfield Bourne.

• KayLoveKayLove Posts: 2

I’m slightly confused, I thought you were a part of the team that works with Femmennesence Who are scientist and medical professionals that created these products using Macca.

I was directed to reach out to you.

I stopped taking the progesterone and I’m waiting for the hormones from the pellet to wear off. In the meantime I’m taking vitamins to help fight off the affects of all the changes my body will go through since I will Not have the pellet procedure done again and will have to rely on my body getting by with the adjustment to the new hormone levels

I have spoken with my GP and she goes by how I feel, she doesn’t like to push unnecessary meds or hormones ... she said if I feel better without HRT go with that and we’ll see what type of adjustments need to be made as we go along

as for the bleeding and cramps an ultrasound was done and there is a fibroid in my uterus ... she wants to wait it out to see if now that I’m off the progesterone, the cramps and bleeding will subside, before looking into surgery or any other procedures.

I was really hoping to find out your recommendation for that particular product Maccapause, you said it has not proven to be effective, yet they state that they’ve done clinical testing and it was proven to be affective, hence the confusion