Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Restless legs

Julie20Julie20 Posts: 335 mod

Morning ladies. It's 3.45am and I'm wide awake with restless legs. My partner is snoring n I'm pacing lol..

I've found a cold flannel wrapped around my ankles helps a bit.

What do you do to combat the pain?

Tagged:

Comments

• Av222Av222 Posts: 4

I have very sore thighs tops and legs cannot sleep if i bend my knee keep other one straight helps but then have to take paracetamol

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 349 Community Admin

Hi @Av222, I have something similar (not menopause-related, my bones and joints are not in a good condition due to my sports background) and found that taking a hot bath before going to bed helps relax my legs a bit. Also I'm thinking of getting a microwavable lavender wrap as I heard it can help.

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 335 mod

Hi @Blanka_C do you use Epsom salts in your bath. They work well for painful joints x

• Sol1Sol1 Posts: 6

My legs were really painful last week . I have tried a peppermint rub which eases a bit but paracetamol helps

• KobeKobe Posts: 1

I have suffered from this condition for all my adult life. It tends to peak at times of hormonal flux and was particularly bad during my pregnancies! Recently I have been struggling again and when I do get to sleep, I wake up virtually every hour. So , I find when I take Magnesium on a regular basis that I don’t suffer quite as much, if at all. Please look at Pico Ionic Magnesium- Re-Mag. Super beneficial for lots of niggles. Hope this helps.