Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Periods

Midgley20Midgley20 Posts: 7

Hi I’m 54 and still getting periods once a month . I’m in gel and progesterone 12 days of each month . I wasn’t really getting symptoms apart from anxiety and overthinking but I had only just lost my teenage son to cancer so having a double whammy . I’m feel thicker round the middle and bloated with the progesterone and my bleeding last for at least 12 days .. can someone please give me some advice

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 346 Community Admin

Hi @Midgley20,

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your son. It must be really difficult for you right now. If you ever feel like talking to people who have gone / are going through similar situations, please don't hesitate to message us on our Cancer Forum at community.livebetterwith.com/cancer . Everyone is friendly and supportive. ❤️

Now, onto the question. Generally speaking periods can get irregular (e.g. heavier or longer) during the menopause, however I would definitely speak to your GP just to be on the safe side. Maybe @MonicaM or @Julie20 can give some advice?

I'd recommend talking to our lovely Menopause Nurse here on the Community. She will definitely be able to point you in the right direction. Feel free to ask here about anything menopause-related:

Finally, I found a quite similar discussion on the forum full of tips, you might find it useful to read this:

Hope this helps. Please don't forget there is always a pair of ears on here if you need to chat / rant, about absolutely anything. x

Blanka