Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

HRT

LilLil Posts: 6

Hi Monica

I have ben in the menopause for 11 years. For 5 of these I took HRT. Ive had cancer previously so I came off. I had not realised that taking the HRT just prolonged the menopause So really its as if ive only had the menopause for 6 years altogether. I wish someone had explained this beforehand.

Tagged:

Comments

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Lil

Hi Lil,

Thank you for sharing the information I didn't know that either about HRT. How are you doing now?

• LilLil Posts: 6

Hi Monica

Besides trying not to have spicy food, alcohol , caffeine, I also find limiting sugary food helps but where do you stop. Who would of thought the menopause was this bad. My memory has gone aswell.

How is yours. Any tips help.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 337 ✭✭✭

@Lil

I am pretty much trying to do what you are doing trying to avoid certain foods, drinking more water and exercising. I feel great some days and some days tired. Now I am dealing with sinus and allergies which sometimes triggers my globus situation that I have. The post nasal drip is what is annoying the most. I hope to get some relief soon.

Thank you for asking

Menopause sucks for sure didn’t realize it would be this bad.

Maybe do some puzzles, search puzzles things to make you concentrate but are fun to and that may help with memory