Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Can't lose weight

Vicki9472Vicki9472 Posts: 1

I am 48 think I am peri I had the coil fitted 2 years ago due to irregular periods I am also on HRT patches.

I exercise regularly 3-4 runs a week, yoga and walking, I eat very well and balanced all natural I only have 1 coffee a day, drink loads of water I have never had a problem with weight before and when have put extra work in and its fallen off and now I am working harder eating less and I cant even lose a pound. I have lots of lovely clothes and I just can't fit into them ... any advise will be greatly appreciated

Tagged:

Comments

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 347 Community Admin
    edited March 31

Hi @Vicki9472, welcome to our community! ❤️

This is a very common thing with women going through peri / the menopause. We have lots of articles & resources you might find useful. My mother has gone through the same thing, I'm going to do some digging and get back to you. x

In the meantime, how are you coping? Hope you're staying safe.

Chat soon,

Blanka

• dfeeneydfeeney Posts: 3

Hi Vicki:

Same issue with me. Can't drop 1-2 kg as hard as I try. And, when I do they come right back on. If you have access to a gym, I recommend a personal trainer session to understand how to use weights. I haven't lost much weight since I started, but I've lost fat and my clothes are loose fitting again. Twice a week of weights is my secret.

Good luck.

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 347 Community Admin

Hi @dfeeney, that sounds amazing, congratulations!! What kind of exercises do you do?

I was always too shy to go to the gym but started working out in my garden during lockdown 3 times a week (with weights as well). Great for my mental health too! x