Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Lockdown - what are you doing?

MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 187 mod

What is everyone doing during this time of quarantine?

Are you becoming an excellent cook?

Are you exercising more?

Are you drinking more wine lol?

Are you reading?

who are you in the house with?

What are some of the things you are doing to get through this?

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 333 mod

Hi @MonicaM unfortunately I don't have the choice to isolate as I work for the NHS. We are stretched beyond belief. If I was in lockdown I would spend the time doing crochet. Pilate's. Baking cakes and resting :)

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 187 mod

@Julie20

wow crochet exciting, I have tried a couple of times but never finished it. I would like to go back to trying to make baby blankets or now blankets since my grandkids are older now.

I did Pilates for the first tine today with the 21 day exercise program that I started this week and it nearly killed me lol.

Yummy cakes love them.

If I were locked down, I would rest and relax for most. Get back into scrapbooking and crafts haven’t had much time to do it and try to do beginning sewing.

I would also start working again on my business ideas but with working during the day my energy when I get hone is very low so I don’t get to do what I like to do as much.

• Lokis_nanaLokis_nana Posts: 10

I have also wanted to learn to crochet, years ago my Nans friend taught me how to do granny squares but I’ve always wanted to learn other things instead of blankets. So I ordered a book, hooks and wool...the book has arrived...not sure whether I have bitten off more than I can chew...I maybe sticking to granny squares but we will see how it goes ha ha. I’ve also made cakes though husband is moaning that the coffee and walnut cake has walnuts in....🤨

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 187 mod

@Lokis_nana let us know if you do any of the projects in the book. Good luck with it.

• Lokis_nanaLokis_nana Posts: 10

I will...there is a crochet rabbit and egg....I can assure you it won’t look like a rabbit or an egg when I’ve had a go.....oh and by the way husband has requested a lemon drizzle cake next...might get rid of the horrendous limoncello he brought in Italy......😂