Home Menopause Forum Living Better With Menopause

Coronavirus: Latest Updates, Useful Resources and Expert Advice

Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 178 Community Admin

Hello Ladies,

Given the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we’ve decided to collect a couple of informative and credible resources, as well as open a discussion here on the Forum. 

Below you’ll see credible, fact-checked information, such as latest government updates, advice and facts.

Of course the situation evolves rapidly and our aim is to keep sharing what’s new by continuously updating this thread. Please check back regularly (you will be able to see the date of update at the top of the page). 

We hope you’ll find this useful. 

How are you all holding up? Please do share any thoughts, experiences, concerns or questions below. 

Stay safe!❤️

Love,

Blanka & Team LBW

INFORMATION, RESOURCES AND UPDATES

About the Coronavirus

Prevention

Latest updates

ASK OUR EXPERTS

We appreciate these are challenging times. If you are worried, experience feelings of anxiety, stress or fear, you can talk to @Steven, our friendly Psychologist here.

If you're looking for additional advice on symptoms & the menopause journey, you can talk to our Experts here.

Comments

• Lokis_nanaLokis_nana Posts: 9

I am really struggling with all the media focus on Coronavirus and my anxiety is through the roof. I am having to go to work at the present time and people are insisting on talking about it. I am at my wits end and not sure what to do. I also have a daughter who suffers from E D S which I am very worried about.

• MonicaMMonicaM Posts: 66 mod

@Blanka_C Thank you for sharing the info with us

@Lokis_nana I am presently going to work as well for now not sure if they will close our job down or not. Same thing here they just keep talking about it and it does get a little annoying but please remember what Blanka posted we do have a psychologist Steve if you feel you need to speak to him. I hope that helps.

Thank you for your support I have a very supportive husband who is trying to put things in context but part of me wonders if he’s trying to be kind

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 178 Community Admin

Hi @Lokis_nana and @MonicaM,

I know what you're going through. I don't think I was ever this anxious before. I keep reading the news and I say to myself, when this will all end?

A friend of my just told me this morning that she completely stopped following the news as she was getting even more stressed. Not sure if this is the right approach, but she says she's doing better now mentally, so good for her. I'm the complete opposite, I need to know about developments, etc otherwise I just can't get any rest.

I'm working from home now and try to think of it as a precious opportunity to spend more time with my fiance, my dog (who's following me everywhere after he realised that mommy's home all day, haha) and to pick up a skill / learn something new I never had time for. So I started two things: mindfulness and digital illustrations.

I do breathing exercises and use the app called Headspace which is helping a lot. Then, when I start to feel anxious (which for me usually starts with a heavy feeling in my chest and throat), I simply do 15 squats and 5 jumping jacks. This makes me feel so much better. I basically do jumping jacks everywhere - yesterday I started in the kitchen, imagine the face of my flatmate, haha!!😁

Stay safe both.

BW,

Blanka x

Thank you for replying.....I have been trying to distract myself with deciding to read the whole Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, tho taking up squats and star jumps might be better at least it’s the exercise I should be getting but I am too anxious to visit the gym.....I wish you well xx

@Blanka_C

Thank you for the updates and the resources

@Lokis_nana there are some really good online training videos & courses out there, I tried a couple out over the weekend. I'll collect some if you're interested xx

• JunieJunie Posts: 10

Blanca C.

Sounds interesting

junie

Thank you that sounds good. Just come in from work and nearly in tears...just have to keep going....

@Lokis_nana

Oh no, it will be okay! Get a nice dinner tonight, watch a movie perhaps xxx

Are you taking public transport or drive? Hope you're staying safe.

Here's a funny pic to cheer you up❤️

I drive into work park and then 10 min walk...the pic you sent has definitely made me smile I am notorious for hating going down the gym but I know it’s supposed to be good for you or so they say. Husband has been very good but he does like watching the news at 6pm so I stay out the way. I was chatting to my daughter in Nottingham last night and she said my grandson and her were going to do a workout with Joe Wicks....now there’s a thought....:)

• LemonyLemony Posts: 11

Hi Ladies

I’m really struggling with really bad anxiety which before all this happened I was managing to control.

The constant paranoia and feeling friends are talking about me is all consuming at the moment. I’m very teary today just trying to hide it from my family.

I feel I actually have no true friends at the moment.

Hope everyone is safe x