Home Menopause Forum My Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

Perimenopause - Anger Issues

LizziLizzi Posts: 2

Hi

I wonder if you can help me or point me in the right direction. Im pretty sure im perimenopausal, I find i am getting angry really quickly.

Are there any herbal remedies to assist this? I run as often as i can, but when i miss a session i feel my anger is much worse.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 333 mod

Hi @Lizzi. There are so many supplements on the market these days and what works for one won't for another so it's very much trial and error but as a baseline may be you could try menopause tablets such as menopace as they are an overall health n well-being supplement.

I have found that I'm very angry since bring menopausal and the only thing that helps my moods are citalopram which is an antidepressant but it is given to a lot of ladies for menopause.

I think personally you are doing the right thing by running. You know it helps your moods and it's a fact that exercise gives us the happy endorphins that level us out. Exercise and fresh air are great remedies for most things.x

• dfeeneydfeeney Posts: 3

Is it just me or is the SSRI citalopram being pushed hard on this forum? Third time I've read about it. I would like to ask this question: SSRIs have a very negative side effect, which is lower libido and difficulty orgasming. I don't know about all of you, but that's the last thing I need at this stage. I suffer from mood swings, anger, but does anyone have any experience with this side effect? I was on SSRIs for 15 years, and part of the reason I got off was lower libido. I would love to hear that citalopram is safe because I need it.

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 346 Community Admin

Hi @dfeeney, when I was prescribed citalopram a year ago, my doctor said it's among the most common anti-depressants, I think that's why. Unfortunately I experience lower libido myself too, but I think it really varies from person to person, maybe @Julie20 has a different experience to mine? I take maca root for it and it's helping me. It's definitely something to speak with your doctor about, though x

Anyway, how are you holding up in the current situation? ❤️

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 346 Community Admin

Hi @Lizzi, thought I'd check in and ask how are you? Hope your mood got better. Do you still go out for a run in the current situation? I do some exercise in the garden and it's definitely helping to lift my mood x

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 333 mod

Hi @dfeeney luckily I haven't had any problems with libido. If anything I've gone the other way.. can't get enough :) and thankfully I have a very willing partner lol so may be it is worth giving them a go and just see how you feel on them. X