Home Menopause Forum Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

What stage am I going through?

Jane20Jane20 Posts: 34 ✭✭

Hi girls,

After just reading the 3 stages of menopause I’m now going to ask a I think a silly question! I’m 52 had a hysterectomy 6 years ago ovaries left on my left side, and no periods. The last 8 months I’ve been suffering with the symptoms but most recently anxiety, tears, panic attacks occasionally, the occasional sleepless night.

My question is am I’m going through the menopause or post menopause? I’m really not sure, can anyone advise me please.

thank you 🙏 x

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 314 mod

Hi @Jane20 very good question. Drs don't do bloods very often now for menopause as they are not accurate enough as our hormone levels raise and drop constantly through the day. It's said that once you haven't had a period for one year you go from peri to full blown so it would depend on how long since you have had a bleed.

Then the next question is how long does menopause last... It's a shame that it's not a set pattern for us all as we would at least know what to expect and for how long. X

• Jane20Jane20 Posts: 34 ✭✭

@Julie20 hi,

well as I had a hysterectomy 6 years this November my last bleed was back then. That’s why I’m a little confused as to where I’m at!

All I know is where ever I am it’s not very nice, my anxiety is up and down mostly up, on anti depressants now, so think they’re helping but I’m a bit 🥴

Thank you 🙏 xx