Home› Menopause Forum› Menopause Symptoms & Solutions

My body has been taken over by something Alien 😮

JenwebberJenwebber Posts: 3 ✭

hello everyone

This is my first post and would just like to talk to women who are going through these awful symptoms. I have tried anti depressants was on them for years but felt they wasn’t really working anymore so I tried HRT the patches, which only bought back my periods! 😢 Last week I was back at my GP an emotional wreck, I was given oestrogen tablets called vagifem and was wondering if anyone has had these and did they help. I also take black cohosh and do lots of yoga. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 313 mod

Hi @Jenwebber welcome to this amazing forum. What can I say about menopause.. it knocks us sideways and it's the gift that just keeps on giving. Are you using anything else apart from oestrogen? Do you have the mirena coil or anything? I'm asking because it's unusual to be given just oestrogen as when we go through menopause we lose all hormones. Oestrogen progesterone and testosterone. Did you have bloods done to check on what you were low on ?

I have the mirena coil plus use oestrogel. My gynae took me off of the oestrogel in October but levels have dropped so low again she started me back on it yesterday so I'm hoping that within a week or 2 I will stop clenching my teeth and biting my tongue to stop me saying things I really shouldn't say to people lol..

Let me know if you are using anything else and we we see if there is anything else we can advise you on.

I do also find that magnesium helps with restless legs and sleeping. X

• JenwebberJenwebber Posts: 3 ✭

Hi

Thanks for your reply

No I am not anything else at moment, I had bloods done about 6 months ago and all was ok then. I use wellsprings twenty two one cream, just started black cohosh only because I have heard it works well for menopause and just starting the vagifem vaginal tablets. Feeling very emotional and only bearly getting myself to work and back. I am hoping things will all settle down within a few weeks and I can start to feel a little more human. What type of magnesium helps is it a medicine or tablet form? X

• Julie20Julie20 Posts: 313 mod

Hi @Jenwebber it sounds like you need to go back to the GP and discuss other treatments and it ma be that your hormone levels have altered, unfortunately this happens frequently during menopause. It really is hit n miss with medication and herbal supplements as what works for one won't for another. I would say to you that if you don't feel "yourself" then go and see what your GP can offer you as life really is too short to feel unwell, tired n rubbish all the time . X

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 320 Community Admin

Hi @Jenwebber, thought I'd ask how you're holding up? Hope you're staying safe and feeling a little bit better. Did you manage to see your GP? xx

• JenwebberJenwebber Posts: 3 ✭

Thank you yes I’m good apart from all this worry with Covid-19 as we on lockdown here in UK. My oestrogen tablets seem to be doing the trick for me and I also take black Cohosh herbal supplements I’m doing more yoga than ever before and had acupuncture so all in all I’m getting there... still a bit emotional but getting through... thank you for checking up on me. Hope you’re good too.