Help! I can’t take HRT because I’m high risk of breast cancer. What can help instead?

What alternatives to HRT are safe and effective? Can’t take HRT as I’m high risk breast cancer. Need something for hot flushes, mood swings, brain fog etc😳

Answers

• Hi @Kittifer
    ive heard there are supplements that can help if you can’t have hrt BUT you need to check with your gp first to see what won’t intefere with your cancer treaTment 
    have you seen your gp yet? X
  • LornaXRPLornaXRP Posts: 1
    I bought a magnet and wear it on my knickers 24/7 - I don’t get the sweats any more so it has helped a LOT.. 
  • Hotter_D1Hotter_D1 Posts: 2
    [email protected]
    How long did the magnet take to kick in? I've heard of this but still skeptical. Am proper desperate now so will give anything a try.
  • KazKaz Posts: 162 mod
    Hi @Hotter_D1. Lots of ladies swear by the magnet. I've tried it and it didn't work - but that may just be because I have no patience and wanted instant results! I'm going to try again (I have hope!) , and I've been advised that it can be at least a month before you start seeing or feeling the benefit. Apart from anything else, I think it's really helpful to feel as if you're taking control of what's happening to you! And whatever the result, if you can't take HRT for whatever reason, at least this option seems to have no horrible side effects! If you decide to try it, I'd be really interested to hear how you get on! Good luck! 
  • Hotter_D1Hotter_D1 Posts: 2
    @Kaz
    I can't take HRT due family history of Breast Cancer, but will let you know and you're absolutely right re not sitting back, I won't let this beat me - I have a life to live lol.