Home Welcome to our Dementia Q&A Hub Hello and welcome!

Hello and welcome!

Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 365 Community Admin
edited September 11 in Hello and welcome!

Hi there,

A very warm welcome to our new Expert Q&A Hub - thanks so much for joining us!

We've built this safe platform for you to be able to ask questions and receive free expert advice on the dementia journey from the comfort of your own home. We will very soon have a lovely Dementia Adviser on board with us, ready to answer your questions and provide useful tips for you and your loved ones. ❤️

This is also your space to connect and exchange tips with people going through similar experiences / challenges. We've posted some discussions and questions across our different categories to help you get started, but please feel free to start your own by clicking the 'New discussion' button.

First of all, let's start with some introductions - if you'd like to say hello, try posting here with a little bit about yourself. Just remember to keep things like your surname, email address and other personal details private - keeping things a bit anonymous helps us to keep this space safe for all our users.

If there's anything we can do to help you feel more at home, let us know! Drop me a message or email us at [email protected] :)

Look forward to receiving your questions.

Take care,

Blanka (Community Associate @ LBW)

Comments

• Mary78Mary78 Posts: 25 ✭✭

Hello everyone, I'm new here. My mother (62) got diagnosed with early onset dementia last month. I'm grateful to have found this site. I'm just looking to connect with others who are going through the same. Any advice is hugely appreciated as we're still in the beginning of this journey and not really sure what to expect. Thank you, Mary

• danWdanW Posts: 9

Hi, grateful for this site. I'm Dan, I'm caring for my nan who has mild cognitive impairment. We've got a lovely admiral nurse helping us a couple times a week which is fantastic. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for dementia friendly games tthat can help with cognitive stimulation? We've got puzzles and cards mainly.

• Hello, so pleased this is here! My Grandma has dementia and it's been a difficult journey, especially through lockdown. Looking forward to sharing tips here and hearing what others find useful :)

• This is brilliant! I have been a part of the Facebook group for sometime, but sometimes you just need an expert to advise you. I am looking forward to all the help I will get in the future! Thank you for this Live Better With!!

• Blanka ZBlanka Z Posts: 3

Hi, I just joined. My mum had dementia and my lovely neighbour had just been diagnosed with vascular dementia. I'm sure I'll find this site very useful as I want to support her.