Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Happy Father's Day...

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking of all the men in our community today.

Today is Father's Day in the UK, (not sure if it is elsewhere).

Whether you are a father, son, grandfather, father-to-be, you are wished a very Happy Father's Day. I hope you are able to see and celebrate with your loved ones in some way.

This year is very different with Covid 19 and lockdowns in place. Seeing family, keeping in touch is even more important.

Thinking also of all those who's dads are no longer with us. My dad is among those too. Today I think of the memories I have of times past.

Hope you all have a good, peaceful day.

Lou x

Comments

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭

Here here Lou, our Father’s are not with us either but I wish all Fathers Happy Fathers Day, including my Son James and Son-in-Law Sam who have taken the baton passed to them and are the best my grandchildren could ever wish for.

If you still have your Dad’s tell them this year particularly how much you love them. 💙

Jackie

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

I hope you and Norm are having a good Father's Day weekend. Have you been able to see them from a distance?

A quiet one here at home for us, just relaxing mostly!

Chat soon,

Lou xx

Hi Lou,

Yes we had a quiet one too in the garden. Did some bamboo cutting which had grown a bit wild!

We saw the children in the garden on Saturday for Teddys birthday and it was lovely. They are growing up fast.

Hope you had a lovely relaxing weekend.

We have had a lovely day here so sunny.

Hope you keeping well.

Love Jackie 🙋‍♀️X

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

Good morning! It seems we are due a heatwave this week. Big smiles from me!! Haha 😄🌞😎.

I just realized my message did not read well. I think a sentence got deleted by mistake! Lol! At least you got the gist of it😄.

Doing ok here! Last night I had another hubby haircut in the garden! Lol. Mark has cut my hair twice now during lockdown. Looks a lot better!

Hope you have a great day,

😊🤗

Lou xx

Hi Lou,

What a beautiful day! I can do this weather alright. 😄

It was my birthday yesterday and we had a lovely day. My brother came round in the morning for cuppas and we sat in the garden for a couple of hours then we went to Woodbridge to walk along the river and had an ice cream. Simple pleasures but so lovely! When we got home my other brother and wife popped in for a little while in the garden. After that my daughter Amber Sam Ivy and Teddy came round with cake and Prosecco. What a treat in the garden! This is the life! Two friends popped round with cards and presents but did not stay. Felt good to be alive! 😄

I’m glad the weather has warmed up for you Lou, I know you suffer with the cold. I hope you all have a lovely day. Well done to Mark for being your hairdresser! I can’t wait to get mine sorted. My hairdresser who works from home called Amber and I to arrange appointments. Was lovely of her as I thought it would be a long wait for an appointment. Having it done 16 July. Norman has a no 2 and does his own so thats good! He used to go to a hairdresser and when we got married he booked Gavin for his usual close cut with scissors not hair clippers! When he got there they said O sorry Gavin’s on holiday would you like this young lady to do it! Bad move! She had not much experience of doing such a short cut with scissors! He came home on the day before the wedding with a haircut that resembled a furrowed field, lines all over the place! I had a shock!! He got a beard trimmer snd said can you sort it out please? Was not the look he was going for but at least it was even but a bit skinhead! O well we got over it and had a good day! He bought clippers and hasn’t paid for a haircut for 15 years Haha!!

I hope the family is well Lou. Have a lovely day. I think Jasper and I might have a quiet one on our own in the garden today.

Take care dear friend.

Love Jackie xx 🙋‍♀️

@jacksprat_x1

Good morning Jackie 😊,

Oh wow, Happy Birthday for yesterday!!

It sounds as if you had a wonderful day with family and friends, doing simple things, but so enjoyable.

Yesterday's news will be welcome for many families at last, as long as we are all still mindful of being careful.

Hahahaha 😂😂, your story of Norm haircut pre wedding is so funny! Still what a saving he has had for all these years!

Yes, Mark uses the clipper shaver thing as well as scissors to do my hair. Brilliant you have been able to get an appointment to get yours done soon. I did send my hairdresser a message, just to see how he is. He usually comes to the house too. I haven't heard from him, and he has a frail elderly mother who lives with him, so not sure how he is. He has been doing my hair about 15 years.

I have been in the garden already today, moving the sunflowers again now the wind has calmed down, swept out the greenhouse, tied the tomatoes and cucumber up. They are all coming on a treat.

Just done P.E with Joe Wicks with Phoebe too. Having a drink before back into the front garden to tidy up a bit before the sun gets too high.

After that, coffee and my latest book!

Baked some fruit and cheese scones yesterday, so one of those might be in order too!

Hahahaha 😂😂😂

Some Happy Birthday flowers for you from the garden 😊.

Have a great day my friend,

Lou xx