Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Humour, laughter, things to help you smile and laugh during these unprecedented circumstances....

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 686 mod
edited May 14 in Cancer Coffee Break

...I remembered this post from last year, thought I would copy it here again.

"This popped up on my feed today, I thought it was very interesting.

One minute of anger weakens the immune system for 4-5 hours.

One minute of laughter boosts the immune system for 24 hours.

We all probably need to laugh more, but when we are going through cancer, sometimes that is a really difficult thing to do.

Just imagine though if laughter was prescribed like a medicine so that everyday we had to find something to laugh at, ourselves, with our family a TV show that has us in stitches or anything else. Each time we laugh we are helping ourselves to get stronger, to improve our body's ability to fight off stress, and illness. It is a challenging thought, especially if laughing is the last thing we want to do. We all have up and down days, some are darker than others. I guess making the most of the good days is good, like banking up some credit in the laughter bank, haha.

I remember when I was diagnosed with cancer someone said to me to try and find something to rejoice in every day, to find joy in something which I tried to do. I didn't always make it. But mostly it stopped me from spiralling into despair about having cancer. We laughed a lot too. We were always laughing in the chemo ward, sometimes I felt guilty doing it because it was usually so very quiet. But the nurses said not to stop, and they laughed with us. Silly things really, like my impression of Gollum (I expect some of you have had your own Gollum experience☺️).

My hope for everyone is that this week at the very least you are able to find something that leaves you laughing, even better if it is tears-rolling-down-your-face laughing. Oh, and please do share, let us in on it! 😉."

We are living in such extreme times currently, on top of a cancer diagnosis this can be overwhelming, causing even more distress, as if we needed more of that.

I thought it would be fun to post some funny jokes, memes, or sayings etc that have helped you to laugh or smile.

I get sent lots of funny messages these days across FB etc, especially now, there seems to be no end of humorous clips, jokes.

If you have one to share , post it here..please remember the community guidelines before you post anything. (Let's keep it clean folks! 😀)

I am going to try and post some of the ones I have been sent! lol!

Lou x

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 1,197 mod

@Sunshinedaff

Hey Lou

What a great idea. Good job you haven’t posted some of the ones I’ve had.

Rob xx

Hello, hello

Rob x

Good afternoon everyone 🙂

I have been trying to post a funny video my sister sent me, then I saw it on FB, but I can't seem to post it here, not sure why.

It is one about hairdressing with social distancing and is hilarious.

Perhaps it's just as well the hairdresser's are closed! Hahahaha 😂😂 Think I will stick with Mark doing my hair in the garden..haha😂

But I have just seen this 😂😂😂...

😂😂😂

Mmm..yum .yum..I love eggs done this way.. don't you? 😂😂

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff

Oh Lou. Stop it.😋😛🤪🤣😂