Home β€Ί Cancer Forum β€Ί Cancer Coffee Break

What made you smile this week?😊

Comments

• NanaBubblesNanaBubbles Posts: 50 ✭✭

@kirstyhbc

Hi Kirsty

That is really terrific news! I think that will put a smile on all our faces as it is always wonderful to hear such a story. Good luck with your last chemo coming up and take care of yourself.

Michele x

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jaro44 @kirstyhbc

Hi @Jaro44, how lovely to receive a message from your granddaughter like that. Arriving at the right moment you needed to hear something good to lift your spirits. I am not surprised you were emotional, I think I would be too!

I hope you have had a better weekend since then.

πŸ€—

Hi Kirsty,

How wonderful it is to hear your good news! Especially after your initial diagnosis, to find yourself in a much better position and prognosis is very encouraging for you I am sure.

We always love to hear any good news here, as you will see from all the messages! It definitely causes us to smile and rejoice with you. I hope your recovery from surgery is going well and that you are managing to get through chemo ok.

Looking forward to chatting with you both again soon. You will soon get to know us and you will find a lot of support and friendship here.

Lou x

@NanaBubbles

Good morning Michele,

Thought I would reply to your post in this chat as it definitely made me smile! πŸ˜„

So lovely to hear you and Geoff are away enjoying some warmth and rest together. You are in the right place this week for sure, it is just cold, wet and horrid here!

How lovely that you were able to find happiness again for yourself and your children. It was really heartwarming to read your story. 30 years next year is great!

Trying not to let this virus stop me really, it is just niggling in the background all the time at the moment.. very annoying! Rest is the only thing, which I am doing lots of! Lol!

I hope you have a splendiferous day in the warm sunshine! πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—πŸŒž

Lou xx

• ShandsShands Posts: 19 ✭✭

My gorgeous Cavachon Cassie. She has been a constant support since my diagnosis 8 months ago and my husband, Mark, says he knows what sort of day I’ve had when he comes in from work by her actions. She’s always been a ‘Daddy’s pup’ - running straight to him as soon as he’s in, but if I’m having a bad day she stays on my lap, and doesn’t get up at all for anyone who comes in including Mark. Here she is when we found her admiring herself in a mirror ( or wondering who that other dog is?).

I know dogs can be sensitive to how you feel but she has been a real life-saver when otherwise I’d have been on my own.

Sue

• BrightstarBrightstar Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Your dog is adorable. You just can't beat having pets. They never judge you and love you unconditionally. I am glad she is there to support you. They do pick up on our feelings and can make such a big difference when we are feeling low.

Love Julie

• RobertARobertA Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Shands

Hi Sue

What a lovely dog, and I think the photograph is fantastic too.

It must be really special for you to have her company during the day.

Rob

@Shands

Ahhh, she is gorgeous, I love this breed. A friend of mine has a little girl too, she is adorable. Pets are brilliant, and so intuitive. I am so glad you have found her company to be such a blessing to you through the tough times you have been having.

Lou xx

• NanaBubblesNanaBubbles Posts: 50 ✭✭

@Shands

Hi Sue

What a gorgeous little dog! And a beautiful photo! She looks such a sweetie and I am so glad that you have so much comfort from her. We haven’t had a dog for a long time but still miss them some days.

Michele x

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 281 ✭✭✭

@Shands

Hi Sue,

You have a beautiful little companion. She is lovely! They are such a comfort aren’t they? My dog Jasper has been an absolute best friend to me whilst I have been on my journey with cancer treatment. I think they know when we are ill. He kept fussing me a while before I was diagnosed. Putting his head in my lap and resting his head against my tummy. I used to get annoyed with it sometimes but now I think he was telling me there was something amiss. I had bowel cancer. He was so gentle tho. Bless him.

Hope you have a good day with dear Cassie. The photo is great! Love her looking at her reflection!

Love Jackie xπŸ™‹‍♀️

@kirstyhbc

Well done Kirsty,

So lovely to hear your good news! It was well worth sacrificing your Christmas to get that news later!

I hope that your treatment soon passes and that you can enjoy yourself doing all the things you like to do.

Take care and thanks gor sharing the good news!

love Jackie xπŸ™‹‍♀️

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara, Just catching up with posts and saw yours about your Grandaughter Molly. What a selfless lovely young lady to have her beautiful long hair cut off and donate it to children for wig making. She is going to make one or more children’s world a bit happier. Well done Molly. ⭐️

I hope you are doing ok Barbara and have a nice day today.

Love Jackie πŸ™‹‍♀️

Hi all, just thought I would share what made me smile this morning! My little Grandaughter Ivy 17 months, is following in her Mummy’s footsteps! I love the reflection in the mirror! I don’t think she would have been left with it much longer somehow!

Take care of yourselves!

Best wishes

Lv Jackie xπŸ™‹‍♀️

You’re so right. Cassie does agility and absolutely loves it. I’m a wheelchair user so my husband runs her but the couple of shows we did leading up to my diagnosis were a disaster! As soon as Mark took Cassie’s lead off she ran back to me, leapt on my lap and snuggled into me refusing to move. She’d never done that before and I definitely think she was sensing my breast cancer. Xx

@jacksprat_x1

Morning Jackie,

Hahaha!! That is so funny and cute! It will be the lipsticks next!! lol😁

Lou xx

@Shands

Ah bless her Sue,

She sounds lovely. My brother and sister in law have a young Cavapoo called Bailey. He is a lovely creamy colour so his name is appropriate! Haha. He is very cute with a lovely friendly nature and loves a cuddle.

Would you like to continue with his agility classes when you are feeling better and completed treatment. Must be a lovely thing to do as a couple. How long have you been a wheelchair user Sue? Cassie must be a real treasure for you whilst you are recovering.

Nice to chat to you.

Love Jackie πŸ™‹‍♀️X

@Shands

Oops sorry Sue, I should have said “her”! Sorry Cassie xxx

She’ll forgive you. To be fair she normally just gets called ‘Scruff’. Whatever you do she just always looks like our ‘Tatty Teddy’. She’s actually a Cavachon but very similar to the Cavachon. She gets called a ‘Minichon’ as she’s only just over 4kg in weight. Yes definitely want to get back to agility with her when I get out more. My husband still takes her training every week. Ive been a wheelchair user since I had a stroke almost 8 years ago but before this I was on crutches for years following an accident so haven’t been mobile for a long time. This has caused various other issues with my cancer surgery and following treatment but am getting there. It’s good to talk to others who know how you really feel. Do hope you are doing okay. Xx

• PositiveLady10PositiveLady10 Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

I just had to share this photo, my 6 year old granddaughter having a pamper, after a few minutes, she took the cucumber off her eyes, and ate it πŸ˜‚

This photo always makes me smile, she is the funniest girl ever xx,

Barbara

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

How funny and cute! I like that she ate her cucumber too! Haha thats a great photo!

Hope you had a good day.

Love Jackie xπŸ™‹‍♀️

@PositiveLady10 @jacksprat_x1

Hi Barbara and Jackie

I smiled at the fantastic photographs of your grandchildren. It is lovely to see how closely children watch their parents and then mimic them. Charming.

Rob x

Good evening Rob,

Funny little things they are.

How are you feeling Rob? Have you felt up to writing music or playing your keyboard? I went to folk club for first time in a while as I have been so washed out since my viral illness and have been very fatigued, but it was lovely singing and listening to around eighteen people performing playing instruments and singing. Was very uplifting. Hope you and Mary are ok.

Take care Rob and will be in touch soon.

Love Jackie πŸ™‹‍♀️X

• PositiveLady10PositiveLady10 Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

Jacks sprat-x1&RobertA

Jackie , I found another photo which made me smile which I wanted to share, it’s my 2 granddaughters walking in front of me when we were out shopping, I just love this picture.

Sisterly love aww x

Robert, those flowers are lovely, but new ones expected soon πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Barbara x

@PositiveLady10

Good morning Barbara,

That is a beautiful picture! You must be very proud of them. Sisters,Sisters! Loved that song! Takes me back!

Have a good Day and peaceful weekend.

Love Jackie πŸ™‹‍♀️X

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie

Lovely to hear from you. I was wondering if you had been able to get back into the music with the folk club. I am so pleased to hear that you have been well enough to enjoy some singing and listening to so many others making music too. Those viral illnesses can really take some shaking off and I hope you will soon be feeling at your best.

I have been having some treatment side effects which are tiring and tiresome but Like you, I am trying to keep the music going. I do have a couple of projects but I am mostly concentrating on learning new songs to increase my repertoire. I was asked if I would play the piano for Mary’s Hospice day patients last month. It went down very well and I have been asked to do it again. I am practicing ‘Unforgettable’ ‘Over the Rainbow’ and ‘Strangers in the Night’ and Mary has printed off copies of the lyrics so we will have a fun sing song.

I hope that you will soon be performing again with Norman and the Folk Group.

love from a Rob x

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara, and thank you for posting that lovely photograph of your granddaughters. It is great to see how close they are and it is such a natural photograph.

My Canadian nephew visited with his wife and four daughters last Summer. They are a lovely, happy family and I wish they didn’t live so far away. Mary and I have no children of our own, but we are lucky in that we have lots of great nieces and nephews and happily most of them are much nearer.

Here is a pic of nephew Rob and his girls in Jersey last Summer.

Rob x

Good evening everyone,

Barbara, that photo of your granddaughters is so precious, how lovely they look together. Very trendy too, with their outfits! The photo of your granddaughter with the cucumber is so funny, it did make me laugh. 😁, what a sense of humour, but common sense too, of course eat it! Why not!?😁

Rob, I am always glad to see photos of your family visiting you and Mary in Jersey. If I remember rightly, this was a very wet week wasn't it? But they are all still smiling! A special holiday for them, coming from Canada. It is so lovely you and Mary have a large family which gives you many opportunities for visitors!

Had a couple of days in Cornwall at the end of last week, drove down to Falmouth for a uni interview. The first day we had a great drive down, it was a beautiful day. It was great to drive on roads with no traffic, reminded me of driving in France. I remember in years gone past the roads down there were really just large car parks with the volume of traffic in the summertime!😁.

We were able to explore the town on Thursday, it is lovely, very peaceful, my poor feet took a hit though! That night Jorge arrived, oh my word, what a storm, we were right on the beach front ! A very wet Friday for the interview, I spent a large part walking around in the rain being shown round the uni etc. We met one of Hannah's friends who is studying at Penryn which was lovely for her to do. It was a positive time, we were both exhausted though by the time we got home Friday night. The drive back was horrendous, just vile, driving in stormy weather and then the fog as we arrived back in Dorset. Lol. I think I am still fatigued from it, not been able to do much since.

Just a few sunny photos! πŸ˜„

We found one of our favourite fudge shops, bought some to bring home, as well as finding some great Cornish pasties to bring home too! ( It's rude not toπŸ˜„).

Lou xx

Just received an email from the Hospital. Dear Rob, don't forget your appointment with the Memory Clinic on Thursday. 🀣🀣🀣🀣

Rob

@RobertA

Morning Rob,

Hahaha πŸ˜‚, very humourous πŸ˜„. I wonder if they realise what that sounds like.

πŸ€—πŸ˜„

Lou xx

• peter63peter63 Posts: 14 ✭

I'm smiling because we've opened up our hideaway at the coast.

Our holiday home on the east coast is our sanctuary and safe place.

I will also see my therapist this week, she is so helpful. Moving on and smiling xxxx