Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Managing Day-to-day Life with Cancer

So glad I found this place

JimjamJimjam Posts: 15

I've been trying to think hard how I found this community. I don't know, but whatever it was I'm very glad that I did. The day I ventured to post something was one of my lowest. I immediately had a reply and a new friend to give me a kind word and some support to ease my mind. I'm still in a bit of whirlpool. So much has happened in such a short time. Also it's only 18th months ago that I lost my mum to the same rare cancer that I now have a variety of. Mum was diagnosed and died in a space of just 8 months and mine has been found by accident. I am still in a sort of disbelief about it all. Just want to say thank you to this site and the people out there who support people like me who turn by accident......

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimjam

I think one of the most important things to take from being here is knowing you are not going through this alone and there are others here who completely understand how you feel and where you are at. I am so sorry you lost your mum so recently, the pain of that loss must still be with you.

Being diagnosed with cancer is terrifying, even more so when you have had family and loved ones suffer from it. It is early days for you, and everything will seem like a tornado going through your life, as the days go on, it will settle down, as you get into a rhythm of treatment etc, moving forwards to being free of cancer.

Your words are a lovely testament to how the community works, being there for one another, whether it is to chat, laugh, or cry, providing listening ears and kind hearts.

Sending you hugs,

🤗🤗

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,196 mod

@Jimjam

As Lou said, being diagnosed with cancer is terrifying and losing friends and family to it makes it even harder to manage.

Finding this Community is certainly the best thing that happened to me following my diagnosis with cancer. I was struggling and like you, I found warmth, kindness and new friends and your lovely comments are a confirmation of how valuable we all are to one another.

Rob x