Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Still tired

Hi guys,

i was diagnosed with breast cancer January 2012, had all the ops, chemo and rads, finally finished treatment September/October of the same year. It’s now 2020, and I still get tired very quickly, is this normal ?

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 686 mod

@Munchkin @Untire_App

Hello,

Welcome to our community, it is lovely to 'meet' you!😁

Firstly congratulations on being clear 8 years! It is always wonderful to read!

I am not as far out of treatment for breast cancer as you are, it will be four years this year for me.

In my limited experience, I am still finding I have a lot of issues from the side-effects of treatment and medication I am taking, fatigue is certainly one of them. We do not get told of all the possible things that may still linger long after treatment is over, and then we think we are the only ones going through it! I was so glad to find others who were experiencing many of the same things as myself. I still do not think the oncologists completely know all the ramifications of what cancer treatment does to our bodies and the long-term effects it has, even if successful at destroying the cancer (for which I am extremely grateful!)

To be sure it is nothing else, I would suggest you check with your GP, to rule out any other medical issues.

Also, we have separate discussion headed by the Untire team, who may be able to give you more insight.

I hope you will be able to join in with our other discussions and topics, the community is full of very friendly people all at varying stages of cancer and treatment for themselves or with loved ones. I hope to chat with you soon,

Lou x