Homeβ€Ί Cancer Expert Q&A Hubβ€Ί Cancer Coffee Break

[Giveaway closed] Show us your Christmas tree - and win a gorgeous gift box!

Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 335 Community Admin
edited January 3 in Cancer Coffee Break

Hello everyone,

Can't remember the last time we had a giveaway here...so thought we should do one just before Christmas!πŸ€—πŸŽ„

This gorgeous gift box is up for grabs. ❀️

ο»Ώ

πŸŽ„ All you need to do is just post a pic of your Christmas tree. ο»ΏπŸŽ„

We'll pick a winner at random on the 17th.

Good luck!

Blanka x

(P.S. if you don't have a tree, you can still enter - just share any Christmassy photo.)

ο»Ώ

Β«13

Comments

• SallyyorksSallyyorks Posts: 6 ✭
  • SallyyorksSallyyorks Posts: 6 ✭

We have 2 trees this year. Why not! Next year, we may got for 3!!

Sally x x πŸŽ„

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 335 Community Admin

@Sallyyorks

Oh that staircase looks absolutely MAGICAL!🀩

• BrightstarBrightstar Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

@Sallyyorks

So very pretty and I love the stockings on the staircase. πŸ‘Œ

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,282 mod

Hi Sally,

I love your tree, I can't believe how much light is being reflected off it! I am envious of your staircase! I love the garland and stockings too. We don't have stairs, if we did I would definitely be doing that!! πŸ˜„

Multiple trees?? Why of course, fabulous idea!! πŸ˜„

I am positive there will be others loads better than ours. Ours is an assault of colour and ensuring no branch is empty!!! Hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Blanka, great idea, I love to see Christmas pics 😊

Lou x

• Rosie16Rosie16 Posts: 1 ✭

My tree the night before.... and the morning after. My rescue kitten had the best night of his life!!

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 335 Community Admin

@Rosie16

Oh nooooo...this made me laugh! Can't wait to put up mine and see how my dog destroys it 😁😁

Love the purple choice, though! x

@Rosie16 ,

Oh no!!! Hahaha πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, that's not funny, but it is! You can't stay cross with a kitten for long though. Haha! We used to have the same trouble with our two cats, until I found some deterrant spray to put on before we decorated it.

If we were voting, you'd have my vote just for your undoubted patience!!πŸ˜„

Lou x

Look what arrived today from a special friend.

Lou x

• Sezzy66Sezzy66 Posts: 4 ✭

With 3 dogs and 2 cats went for a smallish tree to put above wagging tails!! πŸ˜ƒ

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,161 Community Admin

Hi everybody, your trees are all amazing.

@Rosie16 . Haha, your kitten has certainly made himself at home. Bet you didn’t have the heart to tell him off.

We can’t compete with all your great trees so I have posted a pic of Martin. Jersey is made up of 12 parishes and one of them is St Martin which is where we bought him so we called him that.

Rob x

@RobertA @Sunshinedaff @Rosie16

Hi Rosie. Don't you just love having pets! πŸ˜‚ Luckily my rabbit is not interested in my tree, now my penguin is a different matter! πŸ˜‚

Hi Rob, love your santa. I thought I could see a resemblance there! Are you sure it wasn't modelled on you? πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Lou, I love your present from your friend. Did she make that herself? So unique and thoughtful.

This is such a lovely thread, it puts a smile on my face everytime I look at something new.

J xxx

@Brightstar

Haha J. I’m not that wide yet but watch this space. πŸ»πŸ«πŸŽ‚. Yes, it is a lovely thread and it is just wonderful that the horrible disease which has touched all of us has brought us together too. Guess that is our silver lining. Don’t forget to add your tree to this thread to qualify for the prize.

Rob xx

Thanks for reminding me Rob x

• LesleyLesley Posts: 155 ✭✭✭

This year is sooo much happier than last ! Pulling out all the stops! Had a tough year but wonderful family and friends have pulled me through! On top of the tree is a gift of a Christmas star from two very special people! Love and a peaceful Christmas to you all! πŸ˜™

@Lesley

Hi Lesley,

Your tree is beautiful, as is the special gift! It is good to know such special people, a year ago, we didn't know each other. How much has changed in that year, and so many good things too..like new friendships!

πŸ€—πŸ€—

Lou xx

@Lesley

Hi Lesley, beautiful tree and love your santa 😊

Sorry to hear that last year was a tough one.

Glad that this year is a better one for you.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. Just go for it girl, you obviously deserve it. 😊

Love J x

So true! πŸ˜—πŸ˜—πŸ˜—

Thank you Brightstar you too! Xx

Lou your tree is Beautiful! I see your star too! 😊xx

edited December 2019

@Lesley @Brightstar @Sunshinedaff

Agreed Lou

Here’s to all our new friendships which will last and last.πŸ·πŸ»πŸ’–

Rob x

edited December 2019

xxx

Now I bet that isn't cordial in your hand Rob! πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Haha J. No it is a lovely Australian Shiraz. I didn’t need an excuse to be honest πŸ˜‰

πŸ˜‹ I like a good shiraz.

My favourite red wine at the moment is yellowtail Jammyroo red. Check it out. 🍷🍷🍷I warn you though, it's very moreish. Everytime I open a bottle I think I will just have a glass, and end up polishing nearly the whole bottle off. πŸ˜‹πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

@Lesley , @RobertA @Brightstar , @Anneb @Sezzy66

Lovely photo Rob!

Thank you Lesley, yes, the secret star sender has been busy!! 😜

J, I believe the card is handmade, it is now on our fireplace.

@Sezzy66 , very sensible putting the tree out of reach! Lol! We learn from our mistakes! Haha! I remember one year having to uncurl Charlie ( cat) from the middle of the tree. He had curled himself round in a ball, that tree was never the same afterwards, but we kept it for a few years more anyway. HahaπŸ˜„

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening.

Lou xx

@Brightstar @Sunshinedaff

Good evening all

Hi J

I haven’t been able to track down the Yellowtail Jammyroo Red but I will keep trying. I like that you said you end up polishing off nearly the whole bottle. Not sure I could leave any in at all πŸ₯³πŸ·πŸ·

Hi Lou

Just trying to imagine what a cat curled round the middle of a Christmas tree looks like. It doesn’t sound very comfortable even for a cat.😼Haha, you just can’t be cross can you!

As it happens, I am enjoying an Aussie Shiraz right now 🐨 whilst watching Strictly. I would like to see Anton win because he has waited a long time πŸ‘¨πŸ»‍🦳

Have a lovely evening.

Rob x