Home Cancer Forum What's On Your Mind Today?

Oncologist appointment

diddydi68diddydi68 Posts: 16
I had a masectomy on 24th May and saw the surgeon on 12th June and he was sending a tumour sample to America for genetic testing?
Anyway he was referring me to the oncologist but I still haven't had an appointment- is this normal?

Best Answer

Answers

• diddydi68diddydi68 Posts: 16
    Thank you @Sunshinedaff
    I phoned my breast nurse today and she has organised an appointment for this coming Tuesday.
    xx
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @diddydi68

Oh, I am pleased for you, I am so glad you managed to get hold of someone who could help you. Will be thinking of you on Tuesday, let me know how it goes. Try not to dwell on things too much until then. 

Lou xx

• diddydi68diddydi68 Posts: 16
     @Sunshinedaff
    Yay!! No chemo or radiotherapy treatment needed. I have been put on anastrozole and go back in 8 weeks just for a follow up
    xx
  • JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 61 mod
    Hi @diddydi68

It is wonderful news and I am so so pleased for you.  You have been through a great deal and you and your partner deserve some good news. I hope you are planning a celebration. 

Thank you for posting. Good news is so encouraging for others who are facing cancer treatment. 

Rob x 
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @diddydi68

Hi, @diddydi68

Hooray!! That is marvellous news, you must be so relieved and pleased too. It is just brilliant. I am very happy for you. I expect this news will so encouraging for your daughter too, I hope she will feel less anxious about everything. 
    I hope the medication is ok for you, I haven't had that one, but if it is anything like other medications, you may have a few side effects, but just monitor them, then when you see your oncologist for your review mention anything you are concerned about.

As Rob has said, I hope you will be able to enjoy a celebration after everything you and your family have been through. Take each day as it comes, I hope your recovery from surgery is getting easier too.

Thank you for sharing your good news, we are celebrating with you!

Lou xx