Moral of the story is....

SunshinedaffSunshinedaff ✭✭✭✭Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭

Check the ingredients of medicine more carefully!!

Mmmm.....so, I have been prescribed some meds to help with the bad pain I get in my neck and knee. Went to see GP recently, he prescibed Co-codamol. I've had it before, so he gave me a shed load to keep me going. Great. I was taking them, they were working, all good.

I finished the first box, and before I started the second I thought, hold on a minute...I've still got lots of these from chemo days. Surely, it would be better to use those up first before they go out of date. Makes sense right?! So this week I started on them. I have been saying to some friends how I haven't been feeling great at all this week, I thought it was the very early starts and tiredness. Up at 4.30 am and by 8.30 feeling rubbish, nauseous, having to lie down for some time. Very reminiscent of chemo days.

Today I couldn't face taking the meds, so I didn't, but I have been in pain. This afternoon chatting with hubby, and a thought crossed my mind....hahahahaha....went to fetch the meds, then fetched the new box. Oh dear, oh dear!

Turns out, the meds are not the same. Well they are sort of. Still Co-codamol, but ever so slightly (!!) different. No wonder I have been feeling rubbish. New meds are 8/500mg, the old ones are 30/500! 😆

Funny thing is I did check the box, but when I saw 30/500 I thought it meant 30 tablets in the box.

Won't make that mistake again!!🤣😂

Hope everyone's weekends are going well.

Lou xx

Comments

• RobertARobertA ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff

Oh Lou

Thank goodness you have sorted it out you poor thing. Hope you are feeling better now that you are taking the right meds.

Have a lovely day tomorrow.

Rob xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭

@RobertA

Hi Rob,

Yes thank you, I am feeling much better having got those meds out of my system. Haha! No wonder I was 'off' all week. Back on the proper ones now! Lol! 😂.

Quiet day here while Hannah working, resting mostly! Hope you are having a good day.

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff

Afternoon Lou

Good move to have a quiet day for once. You will be buzzing around again soon enough I bet.

Just back from our walk. I was hoping to watch some cricket - India v Pakistan at Old Trafford. Its raining in Manchester though. We are going to have to get used to that☔😕 in future.

Spag bol and Shiraz tonight. Mary is at Hospice tomorrow so we will have an early night.

Enjoy the rest of the day

Rob xx

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 ✭✭✭ Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff @RobertA

O Lou, you poor thing, an easy mistake to make. I hope you are ok now. Take care dear friend. Have a good week.

Lv Jackie 🙋‍♀️

@RobertA @jacksprat_x1

Morning! 😄

Haha, all good thanks Jackie. My own fault! Haha!

Up early again today, since 4.30, actually had a sunrise that you could see today. Sun is skimming the top of the trees. Looks lovely.

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff @jacksprat_x1

Crumbs Lou. I don't know why you bother going to bed.

It's a lovely day today which is good as we have three house viewings this afternoon. Mary is at Hospice so I will pop down to the seafront, have a sandwich and watch the tourists enjoying the beach.

Well, I'm off to play the piano for an hour or so. Life is tough😂

Rob xx

• 4Gretton4Gretton ✭✭ Posts: 29 ✭✭

Hello lovely peeps. Sorry I’ve been absent for a while. Hope you’re all going well(despite wrong co-codamol, @Sunshinedaff !)

Hope you enjoyed the cricket

@RobertA . I was in Manchester at w’end, not for cricket though. I was supporting 3of my children and 2sons-in-law raising money for Queenscourt Hospice who were so wonderful with me during and after my surgeries and treatment. Weather wasn’t brilliant-hope it didn’t spoil match.

All good here since I was last in touch. Am just waiting for summer to start now!! Easter gave us a bit of a false start.

A big welcome to any newbies that have joined in my absence. xxx

@4Gretton

Hey!! 😄, Lovely to hear from you! Very glad that everything going ok with you too. How was the fundraising? The weather has been awful, just hope the farmers are glad of it! I said yesterday to my lot, maybe we are in for a dry August, that would make a change for school holidays!

Enjoying today, mixed sun and clouds but still warm even though windy. Making the most of it before tomorrow haha.

Hope you are having a good day.

Lou xx

edited June 17

@4Gretton

Hi there, great to hear from you and good to know that all is well with you. I do like Manchester, but I wish it didn’t rain quite so much.🌨☔️

My wife is a volunteer at Jersey Hospice which is also an amazing place. It has a daycentre with coffee and cake, quiz sessions. craft sessions, yoga, mindfulness, a choir, and weekly discussion groups which I often attend. So many people think that Hospice is end of life care, but as you know, it is so much more than that. Like Queenscourt Hospice, ours is a charity and it is wonderful to hear that you and your family are so active in fundraising.

It is Jersey Hospice open day next month. It is in a lovely location and there will be a chamber orchestra, cream teas, crafts and raffles. I attach a couple of photos in the gardens taken at last year’s event. In spite of appearances it was busy - I took the photos before the cakes arrived.😋

Rob x

What a nice amazing setting they have there @RobertA and what wonderful work these people do. I was really frightened when it was first suggested I go to our hospice for help with pain control. They were amazing and helped me in so many ways . I had help with pain relief and counselling there and reflexology. Always so welcoming and supportive. Tried to post photo of my family at their 10k but was unsuccessful unfortunately!Am not very good at this stuff!

They’ve done really well with fund raising @Sunshinedaff with gift aid they are now over £1000. I’m very proud of them all. Hope you’re right about a dry August, though we’re sunny today at least.

Does anyone else find that full moon affects their sleep? Had a rubbish sleep last night. Always seems to be the case for me with full moon and -some of my kids too...... and no!!.... I haven’t been up howling at it!!!

Hope you all get to see the sun today 🌞🌞🌞🌞

• LouiseJLouiseJ mod Posts: 330 mod

Wow, what a beautiful setting Rob, that looks so peaceful and tranquil. How lovely to be able to sit quietly and look out upon such beautiful scenery. Does your heart good!

It is really good to hear the hospice you visited was so helpful for you @4Gretton , the lymphodema clinic I go to is run put of our local Lewis Manning Hospice. The ladies are always so lovely to me when I visit there.

I haven't noticed a change in sleep patterns relating to the full moon myself, mmm, will have to check that out next time! But I have been known to howl sometimes, haha, usually out of frustration!!🤣

Have you checked out the Sleep Course that has been running here? They may have some useful information for you about that.

Hope you have enjoyed the sunshine day today,

Lou x

That’s a good idea @LouiseJ I’ve been meaning to look at that sleep page . Thanks X

@4Gretton

Wow, £1,000. That is a great effort. No wonder you are so proud of them. Lovely to hear about the Lewis Manning Hospice too Lou. I wonder if people miss out because of the perception of Hospice as end of life only.

The full moon does affect my sleep because Mary always wants the curtains open and it shines straight through the bedroom window. Must admit, I howled when the electricity bill came in.😲 We switched the central heating off a month ago, but that is looking like a mistake now. 🤔

Rob x

@RobertA

😂😂😂