› ›

Friday afternoon...

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 303 mod

'The nicest thing about rain, is that it stops. Eventually.'

Eeyore

Thanks Eeyore for this insight! 😁

I am writing this looking out to the garden, and for the first time this week it isn't raining! Hooray! Beautiful sunshine, blue sky, a few clouds, but for now, no rain.

It's good to see.

😊😎

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭

@LouiseJ

It has been a nice day here too and we took a walk along the beach at St Brelade - in between the cricket of course. 🏏

As you can see, the beach is quiet, but the weather is looking better for next week and I will be digging out my inflatable duck and making a splash of my own. Haha

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Hi Lou isn’t it fantastic the sun? 🌝

Hope you have a sun filled weekend and have a good one.

Lv Jackie x 🙋‍♀️

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 303 mod

@RobertA , @jacksprat_x1

Good evening Rob and Jackie, lovely friends,

Rob, your photos of Jersey are always so beautiful, that is a lovely beach, glad your day was good too.

We've only had sunshine for a few hours though, yes Jackie it is wonderful, I feel so much better for having seen it. It makes such a huge difference to me. 😊.

Hopefully all our weekends will be good, a very Happy Father's Day to all Dad's, Grand-dads, Dad's-to-be, Dad's-who-want-to-be, and thinking with love and fondness of those Dads who are no longer with us.

Lou xx

@RobertA @LouiseJ

A good evening to you too lovely people.

Norman said and to Dog Dads everywhere too! Haha! Especially to all our Dads and memories of past fathers days.

I love your photos Rob. I like the thought of your Rubber Ducky!!Sending you a pic of my Son in law not looking too happy in Teddys rubber ring on holiday in Bulgaria. They had a storm 2 hrs on the beach and the hotel bus driver who dropped them off abandoned them kiddies and all and left them to walk back a long way whilst he had a nap in the hotel carpark! They let the Thompson Rep know all about it haha!!

Have a good evening

lv Jackie xx 🙋‍♀️

@LouiseJ @jacksprat_x1

What a lovely sentiment dear Lou. I often think of my Dad. He worked so hard six days a week but always found time for me and my three sisters on Sundays when we were small. It was only much later when I was an adult that I realised that he must often have been tired, but he never showed it or made excuses. He was a marine engineer in the North East and I love to play ‘Big River’ by Jimmy Nail and Mark Knopfler which is a lovely tribute to its maritime past.

Trust that you will both have a great weekend and that Dads and Stepdads will have a lovely Father’s Day together with families.

Rob xx

@RobertA @LouiseJ

Oops! 🙋‍♀️

love that song Rob, heard it sung at folk club recently! Xx

@jacksprat_x1

Oh bless him - how annoying.

Hope you and the boys are feeling well and ready for a celebration on Sunday.

xx

@jacksprat_x1 , @RobertA

Haha! Jackie, of course Dog Dad's too! Haha, and cat dad's for that matter! 😂

Your son-in-law not a happy chappy on that trip to the beach! Although, seeing the pic it does remind me of Gavin and Stacy episode where Smithy turned up wearing one of those, very funny!😂

Rob, I know, our parents must surely have felt as exhausted as we do sometimes, but I was not aware of it. I do remember us all being sent to our rooms on a Sunday afternoon though, that or my big sis taking us out somewhere..hahaha🤣

Lou xx

@LouiseJ @RobertA

O yes Cat Dads too 😻xx

@LouiseJ @jacksprat_x1

If Mary’s plant pots are anything to go by 🐌 Dads as well.

xx

@RobertA @Sunshinedaff

haha Rob, my hostas too! 🐌xx 🙋‍♀️

Wednesday evening, and it is still raining. I hope everyone's water butts are filled up, ours are! hahaha Overflowing in fact!

I heard a couple of people have had sunny days yesterday, how lovely for you. Can you believe it is June 21 soon, mid summer!!?? Maybe, just maybe, it will be a dry Wimbledon this year, who knows?! Still waiting for this Spanish heatwave to materialise! hahaha.😁

Don't get me wrong, I am smiling inside, I just miss the sunshine.😎

Lou x

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

Hope you are managing this week and the chemo effects haven't caused more problems. 

Hopefully now, the gremlins have been evicted from here, so chatting won't be as frustrating as it has been recently! 😄

Hoping you are feeling strong enough to rest in the warmth of the garden on that fabulous patio furniture! 

Chat soon,

Lou xx