Breast cancer

2»

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andy

Thinking of you today as you go for your next round of chemo.

You can do this.. take a deep breath...and go on in. We are here for you.

☀️♥️🤗

Lou x

• AndyAndy Posts: 10

Thank you, all went well.

List my hair the night before chemo.

Yesterday decided to shave the last few bits.

Starting a countdown to treatments now, think it helps me.

Next month they are doing a scan to the tumors and to the lymp nodes to see if they smaller.

Just need to do this, need to keep my head up and try to be brave.

Thank you for always be here for me and for being so caring. 💓

Thank you, all went well.

Doing a countdown with treatments now, think it helps me.

On the 21 june have an xray to tumors and lymp nodes to check if they smaller.

Let's hope so.

😍😍

• FlowerGirl23FlowerGirl23 Posts: 12

Hi @Andy@Andy

Glad to hear your chemo is going well ...... hoping you don't feel too poorly. How many have you left?

Be good to get the x-ray over and done so you know where you stand.

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

Stay strong

Flower Girl 🌺🌹🥀🌼⚘🌻🌸💮

Another 4 to go, then op to remove breast and lymp nodes, after will have twelve sessions of chemo but smaller doses.

Thank you, that means a lot.

@Andy

Hi Andy

I am so pleased for you that yesterday went well, counting down is an excellent idea. I used to tick off everyday I got through chemo, even better if it went without incident.

I really hope the next few days which can be tough are not as bad as you may be expecting. Take all the meds you can to help you get through it.

I an sorry your hair came out, shaving it was probably the best thing to do. I know it is upsetting, try and see it as a temporary setback.

If you want to chat, just give me a shout, thinking of you.

🤗🤗

Lou xx

Will do, thank you. 😘😘

• diddydi68diddydi68 Posts: 16

Hi all,

I am waiting for some tests to come back from America to see if I need chemotherapy or not.

The operation went well and has healed well, just some scabs and a bruise left. My underarm feels like I'm carrying a watermelon lol.

My daughter is receiving some brilliant counselling and hubby has, at long last, seen my scar which upset him initially but has accepted it.

Much love xx

Hi @diddydi68

Lovely to hear from you, and wonderful to hear you are recovering and healing well from the surgery. The 'water melon' feeling will go down eventually albeit slowly! How is your movement in your arm? Are you receiving physio, or planned for it?

It is such good news to hear your daughter is receiving some great support which is helping her. It is so important that the whole family are taken care of when cancer invades us. How do you feel about your new look? It is encouraging to hear your hubby isn't shying away from these details. It will help in your recovery also.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for these results to come back. Then the next phase, whatever that will be can be planned. Another step closer to the end of all this.

Hope you have a restful and peaceful afternoon.

Sending gentle hugs!

🤗

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭

@diddydi68

Oh how lovely to hear from you and fantastic to know that your daughter is receiving such brilliant counselling. I know from personal experience how much a good counsellor can help people identify their difficulties and concerns and find a way through them.

I am also pleased to hear that your husband is coming to terms with your surgery scars.

Fingers crossed for your tests.

Rob x

• diddydi68diddydi68 Posts: 16

Dear @Sunshinedaff and @RobertA

Thank you, it's good to know that the watermelon feeling will go eventually.

I have been doing my post op exercising so I can move fairly freely - physio wasn't offered sadly ( saying that it would be a 2 hour round trip 🤤)

Still waiting to find out what hormone treatment I will need as the cancer was hormone receptive.

And we actually went shopping for a couple of hours today which was wonderful but very tiring.

Much love x

@diddydi68

Good morning! 😎☀️

Well done for making it out to the shops, that is tiring, even if you love shopping. We had to do prom shopping on Saturday, it was very busy, and thankfully we did find an outfit and shoes. I still get very tired having to do things like that, my feet, legs and bones really suffer if I am standing or walking for long periods of time.

Yes, two hours round trip is a long time! Do you have that every time you go to hospital? I know some others have mentioned they have very long journeys to and from appointments, that just adds even more tiredness on top of the fatigue already felt.

I hope you have a good day today,

Lou x

@Andy

Hi Andy,

I think you have had another chemo since we last chatted, and you were scheduled to have a scan as well. I hope that went as planned, and you don't have long to wait for the results.

Thinking of you, chat soon,

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 574 ✭✭✭✭

@diddydi68

Hi there

Lovely to hear from you.

Great to know that you felt well enough to go shopping the other day. And for two hours as well. I hope you stopped for a coffee and cake. My wife Mary wants me to go to the shops tomorrow as the sales are on. 🤨 I only agreed on the basis that we can stop and have a cream tea. And that I can watch the cricket on TV on Sunday. I drive a hard bargain.🤣

My prostate cancer is hormone receptive and the treatment I am on has been very effective in preventing it from spreading. It is so encouraging to see how much progress has been made in cancer treatments recently. 

It sounds as if things are getting better for you and your family. I am so pleased for you all.

Rob x

Hi, Sunshinedaff.

Had another session of chemo and really good news with scan.

Saw doctor today for results, she said that tumors are much smaller and that treatment is working very well.

The news gave me the strength to keep going and to be more positive.

Hope you are all good.

@Andy

Good morning Andy,

I am so pleased for you that the results have come back positive showing an improvement and the treatment is having an effect. That is such good news to hear.

Absolutely, you keep on doing what you are doing, remaining positive, and holding on to hope, you will get through this.

I hope this current chemo dose is going ok and you are through the worst of the first few days.

I hope you have found somewhere you can keep cool, but still enjoy the sunny weather, have a good weekend.

🤗

Lou x