New to the group

13»

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭

@Laura

Hi Laura,

I am so sorry to hear how you were let down by your GP, and then everything else that has ensued because of a lack of action on their part. I can understand how angry you both must feel towards them, and this may make it difficult for you to trust other medical professionals.

As Rob has suggested it may be worth contacting Macmillan's as they would be able to provide some support to you both.

It is great that you have found this community though and you know that we are here to listen and to support you too. Even though we are most definitely NOT qualified (haha), we do understand what cancer does to families, and to us as individuals, you know that you can share anything here without any judgement, sometimes it is easier to talk to those not directly connected to you.

I do hope you are having a peaceful weekend as much as possible,

Speak soon,

Lou x

Hi @Lisejs29 ,

I was thinking of you, wondering how you are? I remember you said you had your appointment end of April for getting your results? I really hope it went ok, and you were able to get some answers.

Thinking of you, chat soon,

Lou xx

• LauraLaura Posts: 33

Hi Lou,

Thank you for your support and the 'ears' for my ranting! ..... although.my GP let me down, I cant fault the hospital staff and Macmillan nurses ....they have been fantastic throughout all of this and are just as horrified at the GP's actions, so my confidence has been repaired a great deal. The other frustrating thing is that I cant really change GP until after June as it takes 6 weeks to get the notes transferred and oncology are concerned that my new GP may not have all the information when I need to see them, so I'm in a bit of a catch 22. Also I live in the south west where the next nearest GP would be about 40 minutes drive. If I'm feeling bad one day and need to get to the doctor and cant drive there, then I'm a bit stuck!.....Roll on June, then hopefully I can be out of my current practice!!

I hope you have a great weekend..... weather here is beautiful 😊

Laura xx

@Laura

Good morning Laura,

Its a beautiful day here too, I am in southwest-ish too, haha!😊

Thank goodness you are getting good care and support from other agencies, hopefully restoring your faith in our medical providers. It’s good your oncology are aware of the situation too, I hope they will be proactive in ensuring you get the care you need when you need it.

Having a quiet coffee while the others are still sleeping, I have been up a long time already, haha, definitely a morning person 😊.

Hope you have a lovely day Laura,

🤗

Lou x

Hi Lou,

You must be experiencing this beautiful weather too then!! 😎 it always makes me feel so much better when the sun shines..... may even get the gardening gloves out! My two scruff bag dogs are in the garden soaking up the rays ....... hope you have a restful day

Laura x

@Laura

Hi Laura,

Yes I know what you mean., I am the same. I remember during my chemo days and treatment that every time I had to go to hospital I had blue sky and sunshine every single time. It was autumn and winter and for me just one of several little miracles that occurred. Just returned from visiting my daughter at uni, went out for late lunch of pancakes. Completely stuffed now, nothing else for me today!

Sat having tea with Charlie (cat) purring away, love him!

Lou x

Hi Lou....

That's weird as I also have a cat called Charlie ..... a long haired ginger fluff ball...... I'm now jealous of the pancakes!

It was autumn and winter through my chemo/radio too and the drive to the hospital was beautiful..... the colours in the country in Autumn are breath-taking. I have many photos of Autumn scenes that I take just for the pleasure of seeing them!

Laura xx

@Laura

Morning Laura!😀

Haha! Ahh! Charlie is a tabby, his sister is Lola, she is a dark tortiouseshell. They do sort of have top priority in our home, not sure if that's a good or bad thing! Haha 😀.

There is a discussion called Furry friends in the coffee break category, if you wanted you could put a pic up of your lovely ones! We'd love to see them!

I agree the colours in Autumn are stunning, although I was born in Autumn, my fave seasons are spring and summer, mainly because I like the warmth when it's here! And the light! I'm not good with the dark days and evenings.

Love to see some of your photos too, share some in the coffee break category. It's good to chat about something other than cancer sometimes.

I hope you have a good day, family just gone to work and school. I am tidying post-decorating!

Chat soon,

Lou x

Hi Lou,

Oooooh post decorating clean up....you poor thing!! Why is it when you decorate one room, the whole house ends up in chaos?! ......I love the end result but cannot stand the mess and clean up!

Laura xx