Cancer necessities

Hello fellow my cancer friends,

my name is Mathilda and I am so lucky to be giving the all clear.My whole cancer trip and treatments have been very manageable.Cancer is in the family, on fathers side yet none of us are gene related.out of 26 direct family members , I am number 10 with breast cancer,so quite extraordinarily and perhaps the reason I sound so matter a fact about this.I promise you I am not as I found it hard to deal with this,you are, clean” prognosis “.

My bugbear is,why is lingerie,swimwear,body care ,products so exspensive.For a pocket in a bra /swimwear does it really justify the prices they charge.The cream for a dry skin,shampoo for your bare skull or unruly hair does it really need the cost that it is..Cancer is not asked for,it can make you feel awful,frightening,angry,lonely,depressed and can be final.So why o why do cancer patients have to pay ,for this decease .

I am interested what your thoughts are

warm regards and a good Easter,

Mathilda.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Til

Hi Mathilda,

It is lovely to 'meet' you, welcome to the community.

It is always fantastic to hear good news of others coming through cancer. Even more so for you given your family history. My family history not quite as prevalent as yours. There is a lot of breast cancer in my mother's side, and sadly my sister, mum and dad all died of cancer. So for me to get it, no 4 out of 8, was wasn't good!!

Congratulations on the 'all clear', that is to be celebrated. How are you doing with recovery from it all? I have found that harder than the treatment in some ways.

It isn't easy finding products that are affordable, I agree some are so expensive. There are some companies that don't charge the earth. I know one high street department store who don't put VAT on their post-surgery products, and the prices are quite reasonable.

I hope you are having a good weekend, Happy Easter to you too!

Lou x