Pertuzumab trastuzumab & docetaxel

Hi,

I had my 4th chemo last friday which was docetaxel. 2 more sessions left. Then radiotherapy every day for the month. Also the hospital have now added pertuzumab and trastuzumab. I had the first one last friday as well. A very long day.

I have not been sick but exstremly tired. Does the tiredness last long? I do walk every day keep my self busy but by the afternoon I am shattered.

I still remain positive I'm alive and that's what matters.

Mags x

Answers

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭

@Roisin68

Hi Mags,

It is lovely to 'meet' you. You are very welcome here, I hope you will get to know us soon, everyone here is very friendly.

My chemo for breast cancer was different to yours, I had FEC-T, so I know about the Docetaxel part! I know there are others here on the same chemo as yourself.

It is brilliant you have got through four rounds, I know how tough it is. Almost there, the finish is in sight! ☺️

The cumulative effect of the chemo will be contributing to your tiredness, it is great you are able to get out each day and go for a walk. How are your bones and joints doing? Rest is good though too, your body will need that. I was able to get through without being sick too, although I did take every anti-sickness meds I could lay my hands on! haha, but they worked! (The thought of being sick was the worst for me, I could cope with being chopped up but not throwing up, hahaha😂).

Is chemo the first part of your treatment plan? The order of mine was chemo, mastectomy, radiotherapy.

I am so glad you are remaining positive, I think it can make a huge difference. It did for me.

I hope to chat with you again, please keep in touch,

Lou x

• Roisin68Roisin68 Posts: 2

Hi Lou,

I have had 2 operations now removal of the lump and 10 lympnoades removed and 1 was cancerous. Finding the 4th chemo tough. Taste buds have gone aches and pains in my joints and so tired.

But at least I have had no sickness

X

• PositiveLady10PositiveLady10 Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Mags,

nice to see you’ve joined this forum it has been wonderful to share experiences on here and chat with people who know what your going through and been there.

I have found sunshinedaff ( Lou) a wonderful support, she even messaged me during my all day 4th session yesterday to ask how I was doing.... how thoughtful is that.

I had the 1st lot of drugs you mentioned yesterday, my sleep was awful and a bit achy today but not too bad at the moment.

Am starting tummy injections today as well to help the white blood count, it was down to 1.8 this week if if goes below 1, they will put the treatment back so hopefully these injections will help.

Try to rest when you can even if it’s just a rest on the top of the bed, which I’m doing at the moment.

Keep in touch and let me know how you’re doing., be strong and positive,

Barbara xx

@Roisin68

Hi Mags,

For the taste buds, that is all very normal in chemo, I tried to sip fruit juice, some have suggested freezing some pineapple cubes, then sucking on them. They are quite strong in flavour, so may help. Ice lollies also has been another 'go to' for some.

I used to have marmite on toast too, but that is definitely love it or hate it!

Take some pain meds for the aches and pains, its is much better to try and be as pain free as possible. Yes, brilliant you haven't been sick, keep up with the anti-sickness meds.

I hope you have a peaceful evening, and you are able to rest well tonight.

Speak soon,

Lou xx

• LynnieLynnie Posts: 4

Hi everyone, I start chemotherapy for inflammatory breast cancer in ten days time. I’m having all of the above mentioned drugs with the addition of Carboplatun. Sounds like I have an interesting time ahead, although I’m relieved to hear some of you have managed to avoid the sickness. As you can see, I’m looking for positives!

X

Hi Lynnie,

welcome to this community forum.

I have been a member since my journey started 5 months ago and the support and help you receive on here is amazing.

You will be given anti sickness tablets to take prior to your chemo starting and loads to bring home with you.

They really do help.

I had my 5th Chemo yesterday and am taking 8 a day for 5 days, then you e got spares for whenever you feel you need them.

i have felt sicky a couple of times but never actually sick thank goodness.

Good luck on starting your treatment and do remember to post on here how you are getting along.

Thinking of you,

Barbara x

@Lynnie

Hi Lynnie,

Welcome to our lovely group, as Barbara has already said, this is a great place to find support, swap stories, hear good things, laugh and cry when the going gets really tough.

I am sorry to hear of your IBC diagnosis, I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015, I had chemo, a mastectomy and radiotherapy and thankfully it was effective in getting rid of the cancer. Like Barbara has mentioned, when yu start chemo make sure you take all the anti-sickness meds you can, they really helped me too, I wasn't sick once. I do hope you your chemo journey goes smoothly, everyone is different and so the potential side-effects vary from person to person. Please come and shout if there is anything we can help you with, there are many here, everyone is very friendly, you can talk about anything, cancer related or anything else.

I look forward chatting with you soon, thinking of you,

Lou x

• LynnieLynnie Posts: 4

Thank you, good to hear some positive views!

• JerseyBobJerseyBob Posts: 46 mod
    edited May 8

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara

How are you getting on with your chemo? You must be getting to the end by now and I hope that you are feeling well.

Rob x

Hi JerseyBob,

I saw my Oncologist this morning and she has ok'd that I can have my 6th and final Chemo on Friday.

I was surprised that my bloods were OK as I was taken into hospital the week before with a chest infection and given intravenous antibiotics.

Just want to get it over with now.

I hope you are well,take care,

Barbara x

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 349 mod

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

I know it has been really hard for you during chemo, it affects everyone so differently in some ways, and yet the same in others.

But here you are, in this week, about to have your final chemo shot! You are so very close to the end Barbara, keep hanging on in there as you have been doing. What time is your appointment on Friday?

Sending you a huge hug!🤗

Lou xx

Hi Lou,

my appointment is at 9.30 on Friday.

Will have 4/5 weeks rest then mastectomy.

Will be on an Ostregen blocker tablet for 5 years,but all seems positive at the moment.

I hope you are keeping well, be glad when the weather cheers up.

Speak soon, take care,

Barbara xx

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 349 mod

@PositiveLady10

Hi Barbara,

Ok great, thanks for letting me know, I will msg you Friday morning, to cheer you on!

I expect that rest and recovery from chemo will be something to look forward to, I know the mastectomy is the next thing, but think about that nearer the time.

I am really well thanks, just aches and pains.

Thinking of you, have a peaceful, restful evening.

Speak soon,

Lou xx