Mastectomy

2»

Comments

• Newshoes123Newshoes123 Posts: 23

Hi Lou

Hi I'm doing ok getting stronger each day . How ru ? It was good saw my girls and went to see them in there swimming lessons. Hard getting in and out car . But was worth it . Yes it's beautiful weather here too . How's the organising the birthdays going ? How's ur weekend been ?

Esme xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭

@Newshoes123

Hi Esme,

Hey, that's good to hear! Swimming lessons! That brings back memories for me. Saturday mornings up at the school pool for lessons. Years that went on, until it changed to Weds evenings when they advanced. That's tiring in itself, I guess you had help with them, the battle to get them changed and dressed again! Joy! haha☺️

We had great birthdays thank you, got back from France last night, unpacked the car this morning, after returning my eldest to uni. Now we have two adults for children! Not easy to get my head around!

I hope you have a good restful day Esme,

Chat soon,

Lou x

Hi

Yes it goes on for ages lol . They have swimming lessons on a Sunday afternoon 20 minutes each not long . Yes it's very tiring like a work out getting them changed then dressed again. My husband did all the changing I just sat in the cafe and watch them through the window. They were very over excited I was there. Aww that's lovely where did u go in France? Awww they grow up so quick.

Today I've just slept so much 😘

Esme xx

• BevSBevS Posts: 5

I wore button up blouses so I didn’t have to lift my arms to get dressed. I hope your pain has eased a bit now x

@Newshoes123

Hi Esme,

How's your week going? How are you feeling now?

I am sorry I thought I had replied to you the other day! I must have left my brain somewhere!!

France - we stayed in a place near Dunkirk, called Bray-Dunes, a really lovely seaside town. Our visit was primarily, and don't laugh, or do if you like, a pre-brexit wine shop!hahahaha,🤣 It's looking more and more like we needn't have, hahaha. 😂. But also, I wanted to visit a memorial from WW1 where my great-uncle was shot down. I only found out he existed 5 years ago after my mum died and I began to research our family tree. He was 18 when he died, the same age as my daughter. We found the place, it was lovely to see, but also sad.

It felt like we were on holiday, so lovely. Sunday morning sitting outside a cafe having coffee relaxing. I love France.😊.

Hoping to get in the garden tomorrow to start some spring sorting out.

Chat soon,

Lou xx

Hi Lou

Awww it's fine I'm the same and before u know it the days gone . Sounds lovely aww sorry to hear that . Each day I'm getting a little stronger . Just still finding it hard to have a shower without wearing a lose bra . Just can't bring myself to take it off . Will it affect it more if I carry on wearing it ? And yesterday it loooked all rippled around the scar don't know if it's normal

Thanku

Esme xx

How long did it take u to have a shower with the water running on it .

@Newshoes123

Morning Esme!😊

I used to get a soft flannel soapy and pat wash the area. It took me a long time to feel brave enough to let shower water on it!! Don’t worry, it’s not just you! Shower with your back to the shower head. Then pat dry, very gently. Do you still have a dressing on?

Rippled? Do you mean looks a bit like orange peel would? Contact your breast care nurses about that. I think I remember them telling me to let them know if it went orange peely it could mean there is a build up of fluid in the area. Don’t be alarmed, just give them a call, they will advise you. OK?

Let me know how you get on with that.

Chat soon,

Lou xx

Morning Lou

How are you ?

Il try that thankyou . How long did it take u to have a shower with water on it ? No dressing just glue . Yes did urs go rippled? Thankyou I will do .

Esme xx

@Newshoes123

Hi Esme,

Yes, it did, I had a lot of fluid build up, but I also had a bad infection and was very unwell. The surgeon had to drain a lot out for me.

Hope you can get hold of someone today.

Chat later,

Louxx

Hi Lou

Hope ur well , I couldn't get hold of anyone yesterday but seems to have gone down alot . IL keep an eye on it and see how I get on. About the shower I tried with a flannel couldn't do it . So ended usual having a shower with bra on 🙈 Will it make it worst not cleaning it ? When in shower the water does run onto the skin underneath the bra .

Thankyou

Esme xx

@Newshoes123

Hi Esme,

Sorry I haven't been able to reply until now. I hope you have had a good day.I have been in the garden for a few hours, just sat down, and my feet are so painful!

How about trying to have a strip wash at the sink, or try using baby wipes to gently pat down the area? Or is it just that you are too scared to touch it?

Lou xx

Hi Lou

It's been a lovely day today , yes I'm scared to touch it xx