Cbd oil for cancer wound

My 39 year old has Squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. She's in her second round of treatments. A neck wound scar from earlier diagnosis has since reopened and is completely through to the inside of her neck. Dead tissue,scar tissue and possibly tumor are very close to the carotid artery. We have been told it could end her life if it gets into the artery. Will cbd oil help her? Her ENT said he hopes chemo shrinks tumor but doubts her wound will ever close.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Momneedinginfo ,

A very warm welcome to you, I am so sorry to hear of your daughter's diagnosis and the difficulties she is experiencing as a result of the treatment. It sounds so painful and sore. I would really hope that after treatment has finished they were able to find a way of closing the wound.

It must also be so hard for you to see her suffer in this way, my heart goes out to you and your family.

I am unable to comment on whether CBD Oil would be helpful or not. I don't know where you are, I think it is available here in the UK on prescription only, but it is tightly controlled. What do your daughters medical team suggest? I would advise you consult with them in the first instance.

If you are in the USA, perhaps the American Cancer Society my be able to offer some advice and help to you? I think they are like the Macmillan Cancer Support group here in the UK.

I am so sorry I can't be of more help to you, hopefully someone else here can offer more information.

You are very welcome to come and chat anytime, there are many others here who are supporting loved ones through treatment. It's really tough in so many ways, watching and caring for our loved ones, if we can support you in any way we are here for you.

Please let us know how your daughter and your family are getting on.

Lou x