Feelings of being disconnected

Well 1st chemo 5 days ago...Alien as I call the cancer  less painful. .side effect interesting so far still learning ..but feel at times distant from what's happening  started journal...but sleep pattern dreadful...

Comments

• hessomhessom Posts: 112 Community Admin
    @Bker7090 ; welcome to the Community

We've recently been talking about mindfulness in the Community and how meditation can help with sleep. Is this something you'd be interested in? Personally, I use audiobooks to help me sleep, as this gives me something to focus on gently. There's also thousands of audiobooks available so there'll definitely be something covering something you'd like, whether fiction or non-fiction. I find stories help me :)
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bker7090
    I can understand that feeling of being distant in the midst of it all. It's very surreal sometimes, I remember thinking how the heck did I end up in this place! You on day 7 now? Are you starting to have neutrophil injections? With the sleeping, sleep whenever you can, it may not be at night, I would use music, and audiobooks. Actual reading I found hard as I couldn't concentrate properly. Rather than fighting it all night I would get up, put tv on for a while, which actually made me fall asleep sometimes! I hope you are able to feel rested soon. 

• Bker7090Bker7090 Posts: 11
    Thanks Yes started injections but blog count low today so get more to do...friend bought audio books and sleep oil helped last night 1 St time had sleep even when I woke  able to go back hurrah!!😊
  • cosiecosie Posts: 27 ✭✭
    @Bker7090 how have you been sleeping the last week, any better? I like sleep oils too. I read that lavendar really makes  a difference in sleeping deeply