Going for another ct scan on mon

I am going for another ct scan Monday at hospital belly, pelvis , chest, doctor said has to be done every 6 months for I did not go for second round of chemo for was in hospital with blockage . I am a little nervous then have to see him on Thursday for results blood work and iron treatment might get mad at me for I have gained some weight but have been on antibiotics . Just talking thanks for listening.

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13

@Deetheshopper

Hi

Welcome yo our frendly Community.

I know how it feels. I have quarterly infusions and biannual blood tests. Always holding my breath waiting for the results.

I have potential weight gain issues from my treatment too and my wife keeps confiscating any sweets and cakes I have smuggled in.

Well, I do hope it is good news for you on Thursday (tomorrow) and Monday. Then treat yourself to something you like. I am allowed sticky toffee pudding and ice cream when my results come in.

Thanks for just talking. We are a friendly and supportive group and sharing our fears and successes with each other is what we love to do. .

Do let us know how you get on.

Rob x

• MarieMarie Posts: 5

Hi

Nerves are totally normal. I think once you've had cancer you always have that little element of worry. I am on 6monthly treatments for 3 years and annual mammograms and daily meds for 10 years. It never seems to end. However I just keep thinking I'm here!! and this is keeping me here !!

Keep talking to people. That's what this community is for.

Good luck with the results xxxx

• LesleyLesley Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Hello !

This is a wonderful community! Please keep on posting! We are here for you! We are all in the same boat! Different cancers ,but same worries!

Lesley xx

• DeetheshopperDeetheshopper Posts: 9

Hi gang I am in hospital had to have emergency surgery on the 13 bowel became knitted and they had to unknot the bowel if they did not it was going dead so now I have another incision and staples again waiting for a bowel movement then maybe can go home I am going to beat this but good news dr said no cancer inside at all

edited March 17

@Deetheshopper

Good evening

So sorry to hear that you are in hospital following energency surgery. Of course you will beat it and what great news that there is no cancer.

Thanks for letting us know. Keep in touch.

Rob x

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭

Good morning @Deetheshopper

I am so sorry to hear you have had to have emergency surgery, I really hope you recover from this soon. Hopefully you can come home soon.

It is great news the drs have found no sign of cancer, thst is really wonderful news.

Thinking of you,

Lou xx

• 4Gretton4Gretton Posts: 29 ✭✭

@Deetheshopper sorry to hear about your emergency surgery . When you said you were waiting in hospital for bowel movement, it brought back many memories....I’ve done a lot of that!! I think I must have the most stubborn bowel!! I have to dose myself each day and then can get that wrong and end up the other way. I’m getting very good at knowing where all our local loos are! ....not so many these days with council cuts . Can I ask is this “knittted bowel” due to scar tissue from previous surgeries? I only ask as I have a belly full of scar tissue from 4 abdominal surgeries which causes pain and discomfort and I think impacts on my bowel.

I should have started by saying welcome to our group, instead of rabbitting on about my loo habits! Nice to have another member in our gang...as you see we can talk about anything here . I wish I had found this community sooner. Let us know how you’re doing doing Hope you are recovering well from surgery and maybe home by now?

Yes it was from scar tissue and the small intestine had two knots on it and she had to unknot them also no spicy food and low fiber lots of water and walking

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Hi fellow bowel girls!

@4Gretton @Deetheshopper

I am so sorry that you had to have another operation Dee but how great to hear that the cancer is gone.

Having a knitted bowel and scar tissue sounds so unpleasant! Thank goodness they can do something to relieve it. I hope your recovery goes well. Do you know what caused it? Was is a complication due to surgery?

I think I must have been very lucky to have come home from emergency surgery for ruptured bowel and grade 3 tumour removal and colostomy mid December with no real problems other than recovering and taking it easy. I have 2 of 13 chemos under my belt.

I love having somewhere to vent my fears and to know that there are other kind souls in this community to turn to. Thanks for contributing it makes us know we are not alone in this.

I hope you both have a really good day today and look after yourselves. Be kind to yourselves.

My husband joked that we have never until this happened talked poo so much! His recent poo test you get to do at 60 came back clear thank goodness! See sharing again! Haha 😂

Lv Jackie x🙋‍♀️

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

@Deetheshopper

by the way Dee I feel your frustration, my bowel took 5 days to recover from the shock and start working again! Good luck 🍀

Lv Jackie xx

Good afternoon, lovely peeps,

I think that you are all incredible, the things you have described of what you are enduring and going through, you all show such bravery and courage and fight, and still come here and encourage others. You are all amazing!

I know the Cancer Research ad line is 'together we will beat cancer', there is so much truth in that statement, when there is so much support given here, those that are struggling can find some strength and help to keep going. Just the few posts I read here in this thread is testament to that. It is a privilege to know you all.

Lou x

@Sunshinedaff

Yes, this is a fantastic place full of amazing people and I feel privileged to be the thorn in the middle of all you lovely roses.

Lou, you are the much loved heartbeat of this community and instrumental in making it so special. Thanks.

Rob x

@RobertA

Hi Rob,

Hahahaha, you are funny!

Thank you so much, but I'm not sure I am!! Haha

You, yourself, are a lynch pin here in our ever growing group!

It's great that there are more and more joining in, making this a special place.

Lou xx

Thank you 🙏 all for your patience and understanding and where I can talk to people who understand and do not judge I am very grateful and will win because I am a fighter and kicked butt

• 4Gretton4Gretton Posts: 29 ✭✭

Well done @Deetheshopper keep on fighting and kicking butt. The team is behind you

@Deetheshopper

👏👏👍

Yes, you will win and as @4Gretton says, the team is behind you.

Rob x

Thank you all I am not giving up at all I am going to keep fighting and no one is going to stop me