Feeling great

Would like to share my fab news with you lovely people went for colonoscopy today no sign of cancer next stage reversal betty bag has done a fantastic job but now it's time for her to leave xx

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 349 mod

@Oconnorm ,

Awesome news!! Fabulous! That is wonderful to hear. So very pleased for you. New beginnings, a positive new future.

A celebration is in order! 🎉🎊

🎖️🎖️Awarded to you !

Lou xx

• OconnormOconnorm Posts: 9

They have said could be april will keep u updated hope yr feeling better soon xxxx

• hessomhessom Posts: 113 Community Admin

This is fantastic news @Oconnorm ! A great way to start the weekend too! 😀

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭

I am so pleased for you, @Oconnorm won’t be too long now hopefully. Knowing your are on the radar for the procedure must be comforting.

Take care and thanks for your kind wishes. 🙂

lv Jackie x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9

Hi @Oconnorm

What fantastic news, I am so pleased for you. It is really special when a Community Member gets news like this and something we can all celebrate.

I guess a little skip is in order now, but you have been through a lot. Take it easy.

Rob x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie

Sorry to hear your side effects were worse for your second chemo. Great to hear that Norm is looking after you so well. Have a nice relaxing weekend.

Rob x

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

Wow, you were awake early! Or up late! Did you have a bad night?

I hope you are under that blanket and resting now.

Bless you, sending love and a gentle hug,

Lou x

@RobertA @Sunshinedaff Hi friends?

Thank you for your kind comments. It was a bit tuffer this time but today is a much better day! Had a few electric shocks today but only when I forget not to touch metal! Ouch! It’s so easy to forget. I think it might last about a week this time according to the nurse. At least it’s doing it’s job I hope. did you go walking today Rob? It was cold!

Norm went to Harmonica workshop today in Bury St Edmunds so my dear friend, we started school at 5 together, came and kept an eye on me. We had a lovely day chatting. Very sadly she lost her husband to Hodgkin Lymphoma after beating Bowel cancer. So sad. You can image the topic of conversation today, but we did have lots of other good things to talk about. I’m glad Norm went, he needed to do something normal!

I don’t need the blanket today Lou thank goodness! I will certainly have it ready next time it was a godsend! No muscle spasm today. I was awake early Lou I went off quite quickly but had to go to dredded loo and that was that! Dosed a little bit but got up for breakfast at 8 as friend was coming at 10. Feel good on it today tho but on steroids again so not expecting to get much sleep!

How is your neck Lou? I don’t expect you have been able to swim?

Hope you both have a lovely weekend.

Lv Jackie xx

@jacksprat_x1

Hi Jackie,

Glad you have had a better day today, and lovely to have a friend with you too. Amazing that you have friends from that age. I can remember the people I was at school with at that age, but I don't have a clue where they are. I haven't seen them since then!

Those night time gremlins! So annoying, and yes I am the same, getting back to sleep is always difficult.

Yuk, jolly steroids, my nemesis while on chemo!

My neck has ben a bit better this afternoon , thank you. that's progress! hopefully swimming on Tuesday.

Have a good evening,

Lou xx

I know it’s quite a thing isn’t it. I can remember Thinking I like that little girl with the long red hair! We went through everything together! There’s nothing we don’t know about each other, Oo dear! Haha! We got to stay friends we know about it all! Haha 👯‍♀️ she is also Amber and James Godmother.

I am glad to hear your neck is improving. Did you find out anything about your chest wound pain?

I hope you have a restful night.

Take care

Lv Jackie xx

I

@jacksprat_x1

Oh that is really lovely. I did make contact with one friend from school a few years ago, but we haven't managed to meet. One of my oldest friends is a girl I met when we moved when I was 15, we kept in touch via cards etc, but when I was diagnosed, she worked it out and called me. So now we see each other when we can, it is like we have not been apart, we just fell back into sync.

Ah, no, I didn't ask dr about that. I will mention it again to my oncologist in Apr/May when I see them. I am due my Dexa scan before then too, so results of that should be done.

Watching TOTP 2 with Duran Duran, hahahahaha, takes me back! Waiting for an engineering program on the Panama canal (for the others) - what an exciting Saturday night!

Lou xx

@Sunshinedaff

It’s nice when you meet up and things start off again like they were before.

We had the delight of the recorded Wales/Scotland rugby game. Wales won.

An exciting night that’s what I thought haha about the rugby! 😂

DuranDuran was good too in their day!

Be good to mention to your oncologist about it!

Take care Lou

catch up soon

lv Jackie x