Us as people not the disease!

13»

Comments

• LesleyLesley Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    Hello my Buddies! Some new photos!
    Ist pic ! That was taken in our pub garden!
    2nd very cold morning on our canal ! 3rd me trying to look sexy but look more like Benny Hill 🤣
    4th Barney looking cute in our park!
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭
    What fantastic photos.  I can see a very good reason for visiting your pub. 

Good to see you still getting out and about too Lesley.  It was a great idea of yours to start this thread. 

Rob x
    Hi Rob ! Thank you! I think I'm a bit of an ostrich! Rather talk about anything other than the elephant in the room(if you get my drift!) Just been wandering around the site, have you seen Nessies sculptures they are brilliant!xx
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Good evening lovely friends!

Laptop been playing up today, don't ask me what, I couldn't explain it to you. Hahaha.

Anyway, back again.

Lesley, your photos are lovely, they capture the beauty of where you live so well. 
    I agree with Rob, that's a great pub to hang out in. I just love watching sunsets.

I think you should sing 'Nellie the elephant' every time you think of that elephant Lesley. that will make you smile. Even better, record it, send it to us and we will smile with you! =)  :#  ;) 

Lou x
    Oh ! You do make me giggle!😁love you both!😘
    We had a lovely weekend in our hotel by the sea. Well, we are always by the sea in Jersey but it is always nice to be looked after and fussed over occasionally. 

I am am about to try to download some pics. Always a challenge for an old dinosaur like me🤔

Oops

Hurrah, cracked it! 
    This is the boat Kevin sails in. The girls are all ready to go, but not at this time of year, of course.  The seas around the Channel Islands are a bit scary at the best of times, but at least it is not snowing. 

Rob xx
    Oh that's a beauty! That's a real boat! Ours is a little tiddler ! They were going to take us out this afternoon but the water in our Mariner frozen! Mark will have to go next week if weather good, that's my chemo week when I'm poorly so doubt if I will be wanting to ride the waves! Ha ha! Xx
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 286 mod
    Good afternoon!  :)

:) Lovely pics Rob, very posh boat! Hotel with a view too! lovely. 

Just look forward to going out in the spring Lesley, and even the summer, especially if it's another hot one  B) .

Hope you are having a good week, is this your 'up' week Lesley, before chemo again?

Lou xx
    Yes Lou back there tomorrow so might go quiet for a few days! But I will be hanging in there!👍Xx
    We will be hanging there with you, holding you up Lesley.  <3  <3

Lou xx
    😙
    The boat is owned by an elderly lady (my age). She does not sail any more but entrusts it to a friend who maintains and looks after it and he pays the mooring fees etc. In return for being allowed to sail in it.  The boys took it down to La Rochelle last Summer. I drove down. Don’t like getting my feet wet. 

We will be thinking of you tomorrow Lesley. 

Rob x 
    Hello my friends! Still hanging in there !pushed myself a bit too much yesterday so flat out today! Never mind getting there! Speak to you soon hope you are ok,off to see oncologist bright and early tomorrow!😩🤞xx
    Hi Lesley
    Good to hear from you. Enjoy a nice rest today. How is Mark at cooking? I do great beans on toast! 
    I have some blood tests tomorrow morning. Always a bit anxious waiting for the results. Another glass or two of that Shiraz will help. Ha ha. 

Good luck.
    Rob 
    Hi Rob yes I'm very lucky ! Mark a brilliant cook ! Steak and chips today ! Will be thinking and dreaming about your glasses of Shiraz🍷🍷Enjoy!! 
    Good luck with blood test tomorrow  Will be thinking of you! 🤞
    Good early evening Rob and Lesley :p and anyone else joining in! =)

Glad you are resting today Lesley, what did you do yesterday??!! :p
    I hope your oncology appointment goes ok and you aren't kept waiting for a long time.
    Steak and chips sounds delish, and cooked for you too. What a blessing!
    We had roast lamb today, my fave! I should go baa, baa, but it is more like oink, oink!  :p 

I hope your blood test goes ok too Rob. Will you have to wait long for the results? Are these your monthly tests?
    Go easy on the Shiraz, otherwise your bloods will say 14% proof.  ;)

Lou x
    edited February 3
    Hi Lou
    Will probably be a week before I get the results as a couple of samples have to go to England. I have an infusion every 3 months but only need the blood tests once every 6 months. Routine really!💉
    I have had 3, yes 3 glasses of shiraz. 🍷🍷🍷hic. Bloods could be interesting to say the least. 

Thanks for your interest.

Rob x

@RobertA ;

:p :s :# =) 

xx
    @gloden02 ;

Hi Gloria, 
    Just wondering how you are? I have been thinking of you. 
    I hope things are getting a little easier for you.

Thought I'd post here so you could enjoy the lovely pics the others have posted. :)

Speak to you soon.

Lou 
    Wow, been really rough since yesterday lunchtime, sooo tired ! Will be back when feeling better, take care my friends 😗
    Oh bless you,  Have a good rest, we will be here when you feel better.

Rob X 
    Good Sunday everyone!

I hope it is a peaceful, restful one for all, if that is what you need.
    I am doing a good impression of a tap left running! Haha.
    I don't get many colds now, which is good, but funnily I never had a cold or anything throughout my treatment or ops, even though the family were full of them.

This time though, its's doing the rounds, including me. Oh well, never mind, it will pass.
    I sincerely hope all of you who are having treatment are able to steer clear of any bugs going round. 

Lou x