Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Us as people not the disease!

Comments

• LesleyLesley Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Husband was down on the floor taking the pic not me! 🤣
  • SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lesley

Hi Lesley, 

Lovely photo, did you manage to get out for a little walk today?
    I noticed we had some snowdrops appear in the garden. Glad to hear you are feeling much better. Seeing the sunshine helps I think. 
    ♥️ 🤗

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,228 mod
    @lesley
    Hi Lesley 
    Really happy to hear that you are coping so well. 

Mary and I took a long drive (six miles) from our home to El Tico restaurant on the waterfront where we had a really naughty breakfast at two for the price of one so couldnt resist it. My Yorkshire heritage coming through perhaps. Being a little island, we are dependent upon imports for our food and we have been told there won't be any after Brexit, so we are fuelling up now. 

It it has been an an amazing sunny day today and now that I know how to add photographs, I Just can't stop, so here is another.  After breakfast, we took a walk around Corbière Phare.
    A visiting friend loves it and wrote a poem about it to which I have added music and we have made a CD. Don't think it will sell, but we don't care. 
    Rob xx
    Maybe I don't know how to add a photo after all. Ah here we go. 
    @RobertA

Hi Rob, 
    That sounds like a fabulous way to start the day. And why not! It would be rude not to 😂. It was glorious here too, even though very cold, I went swimming and also did an aqua class 'Aqua knockout', which is like doing boxing exercises under water! 
    Don't mention Brexit!!! What a complete shambles!! 
    I think it's brilliant you have collaborated with a friend to produce a CD, I wish we could hear it. 
    Looking forward to seeing more of your photos! 

Lou x
    Rob! Awesome, beautiful. Wow. I must get us to come and visit Jersey one day. Looks like a lovely place. 

Lou x
  • LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 715 mod
    Is that the Condor ferry in the background? Been on that loads of times.
    Hi Lou
    Wow, it would be great if you were able to pop over. We would love to see you and show you round the island which has been my home for 47 years. 
    We are reluctantly contemplating leaving later in the year and moving to Cheshire where Mary has five siblings, several nieces and nephews, and even a few great nieces and nephews. 
    We have no family in Jersey  and Mary would be rather isolated if she was on her own here. In truth, I am ready to leave anyway. We love the theatre, driving, cricket and football and Manchester has all of that. 
    I will probably try to put the music on YouTube when I can figure out how to do it. Unfortunately, I have not found anyone to sing the song yet so I have done so myself for now and my voice is not good. 
    Rob X 
    Hi Rob, 
    That would be great wouldn't it! I will have to research how we can do it, see if there are any special offers etc. Now I'm day-dreaming 😄☀️🚢 
    Moving here would be a big change for you both, 47 yrs is a long time. I do understand your thinking though. 

Happy Friday afternoon! 😄

We've had another lovely day here, still freezing, but I think rain is due. 

Lou x
    Hi Lou 

Yes, it would be great. And yes it is the Condor ferry, well spotted.
    Loved Lesley's bluebell photo. Our daffs are out already and the Jersey Royal potatoes are being planted now, which is earlier than usual.

Speak soon.

Rob x  
    @Lesley

Hi Lesley, 

Just wondered how you are doing my friend?
    I know the side-effects of chemo are cumulative, and I hope you are still coping with it all ok.

Speak soon, 

Gentle hugs to you, 

Lou x
    Me too. xx
    Hi hi Lou and Rob sorry not been posting this week having trouble with my iPad at the mo hope you are both ok! Been quite good this week got week off now before next chemo! Sending this from my phone Mark going to sort my iPad out hopefully! Xx
    @Lesley

Hi Lesley, 

Lovely to hear from you. So glad your week has been a good one, that is really positive. 
    Now a week off to get ready for the next one! 
    Let's hope it continues to go this way for you. I hope you have a restful, peaceful weekend. Do you have any plans?
    No worries about not being in touch! Always good to hear from you. 

Lou x
    Hubby wants to go and look at a boat tomorrow so that's quite exciting! Will let you know how it goes and on next week off of chemo end of next month hopefully pop down to Portsmouth to catch up with family, can't wait! I miss seeing the sea ! Lots of water around here but not the same! 😊
    Ooh, a boat! Sunseeker??? I'm showing off now, only 'cos I've passed them loads of times in Poole. Haha! I'm not good on boats! 
    A trip back down here will be something to look forward to, that will be lovely for you to see family.

Hope the weekend goes well, 

Lou x
    You  too! Xx
    @Lesley

Hi Lesley

Delighted to hear that it is only your iPad giving trouble.

Ha, a new boat and a trip to Portsmouth sounds good.  

Mary’s brother is over with his wife - he is a keen sailor (with sails) and often comes here to go sailing.  We have booked into a local hotel for dinner, bed and breakfast tomorrow. Lovely balcony with sea views. It is three miles away. We love going away for weekends and I might just have a couple of pints - they won’t do me any good, but it will be worth it.😀
    Weather looking OK. 

Rob x
    That sounds like a fab weekend Rob! How lovely to be able to do something different, even if its local. 
    Enjoy every moment, and enjoy the beer! 
    A weekend trip for us requires so much planning, so many factors to consider, one day it will get easier, but not yet. haha.
    Although, my husband made the mistake of mentioning about the possibility of a day trip to France for a spot of pre-Brexit wine shopping!! Hahahahaha!! That's all it took!
    Now planning a little trip for early March. Can't wait! Going to combine the shopping with a trip to the War Memorial at Arras, as since I have been doing the family tree I discovered a great-uncle who is commemorated there having been shot down during WW1. 

Lou x
    Hello my peeps! Saw the boat and loved it! Mark put in an offer and was excepted! Not a big boat but perfectly formed!🤣Will post pics when everything is sorted! Saw my sister-in-law today and she commented on how well I looked! That done me good! Got to admit I am feeling so much better!on my week off of medication and there's a couple of glasses of white with my name on them! Have a brilliant weekend Rob! Don't do real sailing on the real water! Too scary! Only gentle water with ducks for me! Hope you both have a lovely weekend! Oh! Going to name the boat Pompey Lass cos she hasn't got a name just a number!🙂Speak to you soon!xx
    Lou, just told Mark about your trip to France that's something he has always wanted to do, (I'm not doing it in the boat though!😱) So interesting about your family tree! I just love discovering things about the family! Xx
    Hi Lesley, 

That sounds fabulous, although I hope you won'y become a Hyacinth Bucket!!! hahahaha, That would be very funny!

I have just opened a lovely red from Saumur, mmm, mmm., very stormy and horrid here so tv/dvd, glass of wine, the order of the evening.

So lovely of your sister-in-law to say how good you looked, I know sometimes we look better than we feel, but when we are feeling ok, it's lovely to hear.

My husband's name is Mark also, I think he is regretting mentioning France, hahaha. I told him I'd go on my own, but he'll get over it. He thinks if we buy the wine now, I won't bring any back in the summer...oops.... :#

Looking forward to seeing pics of Pompey Lass!

I have been researching the family tree for a few years since my parents passed away, But it was only last year I made some good discoveries, and have found rellies all the way back to 1470! I love history so it is very exciting, I think I bore the others over it though. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lou x
    Oh you are funny! Made me laugh about Mrs Bucket! I love that woman! Oh! My goodness! You are so lucky that you can trace your family back that far! Mine is so mixed Spanish, Jewish, Russian, alsorts! It would take an age to find them all! Oh but what a tell they could tell if only we had the time!🤔😊xxx
    We are having a great time. Laughter all the way. A bit windy though. Here are Mary and brother in law Kevin hanging on. Ha ha.

Rob x
    That's funny! Hope you enjoy every moment! X
    @RobertA

Hi Rob, 
    We had the same storm here too, all the pots fallen over!. Glad you are having a lovely weekend. 

Laughter is good for the soul.

Lou x
  • nessienessie Posts: 3
    hi 
    i like running so am trying t keep that going thru ovarian cancer chemo. i've got a lot slower but mainly want to come out the other end with what fitness i can. now at 2/6 of treatments. have been told i can do anything i want except swimming. life is short so I have decided to come out - as a show off - i love doing handstands - i'm not that great it but working on it and can stay up long enough for a photo. so here i am at my local lake after a run. my poor hubby embarrassed at being asked to take a photo of me upside down. but doing it makes me feel capable and alive and young -ish!
    edited January 2019
    @nessie  

Awesome photo! 
    That is fantastic, I think anyone who can do anything like that is brilliant. I can't even do a head over heels, is that what it's called? Oh or is it a Roly poly? Maybe! 

I have had a go at doing a handstand in the swimming pool, but so far no success, next practice is in August on holiday. Haha. 
    Lovely scenery too! 

Lou x
    @nessie
    Hi Nessie
    Not great at it? Can't see how it could be better. No chance of me trying anything like that, or handstands for that matter!  It looks like a lovely, bright, crisp day, perfect for getting some fresh air and I admire you so much for keeping going and I hope you are able to continue through the remaining four treatments. 

Great to see you posting. Keep in touch

Rob X 
    Hi Nessie that's amazing ! I can just about manage standing the right way up!😁 good luck with your next chemo I'm going for no3 Thursday! Love your lake ! What a beautiful place !