Bladder cancer

Hi everyone my name is Chris and I have had bladder cancer for just over 3 years, I had a turbt a few weeks ago but having had a discussion with the surgeon it has been decided between us that I should have the bladder removed, the options were to have a new reconstructed bladder or a stoma and would appreciate other people's views on the benefits and disadvantages of both. Thanking you all in advance

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 779 ✭✭✭✭
    @Ariel1377

Hi Chris, 

Welcome to the group, even though I am unable to chat with any knowledge about your situation (I had breast cancer), I do hope that someone else here will have some insight for you that may help enable you to make an informed decision going forwards on other aspects of your treatment. Will you be having any other treatment before/after surgery? I am guessing you have had a lot already in the last three years.
    Although, a different part of the body, I do understand what it's like to face major surgery resulting in the loss of 'parts of you'. It is very daunting and a lot to get your head around. 

I do hope that the surgery will be successful for you.

Lou x

• Ariel1377Ariel1377 Posts: 4
    Hi Lou, many thanks for your reply and knowing that there are people out there that
    you don't know and never possibly meet are fighting your corner is impossible to measure do a massive massive thank you. Chris
  • hessomhessom Posts: 112 Community Admin
    Hi Chris, I wanted to say welcome to the Community. This seems like a very difficult decision and i was wondering how you were getting on?
  • Ariel1377Ariel1377 Posts: 4
    Hi Hessom am doing ok, just waiting for surgery date, got pre-op date and date with clinical stoma nurse but getting impatient and just want it done, but I guess will just have to be patient