Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Hair dye after chemo

I had my last Chemo 30 December 2021. I was very fortunate not to lose my hair. Can anyone tell me when it would me safe to use a natural dye on my hair? TIA

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning,

Welcome to the forum, although I am sorry you find yourself here .

It is great you have managed to retain your hair after going through chemo.

I can only say what I was told by mg hairdresser after I had completed chemo. I lost all my hair, at the time had no idea how it would grow back or what colour. I thought if it came back grey I would colour it. My hairdresser advised me to wait at least 6 months before trying to put a colour on, to allow all the effects of chemo to grow out. In the end I didn’t need the colour as my hair grew back dark ( I was previously red) .

I have attached a link which you may find helpful.

I hope you continue to do well with any other treatment you require and I wish you a smooth recovery.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out should you require further information or to chat about anything else. Everyone here is very friendly and supportive, we all understand what it’s like to live with and through cancer.

Have a great day

Chat soon,

Lou x

• angmclangmcl Posts: 2

Thank you so much Lou for taking the time to answer. I will check out the link. Hope you are doing well too x