Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

A little mid-week lightheartedness...

LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is National Tea Day 2021 today, so I wondered how does everyone enjoy theirs? If indeed you do.

I am a straightforward Classic breakfast tea person, not fussy as to brand. Not a fan of fruit or herbal teas. I did try them in the 90’s, went through a phase of just having them, forcing myself to drink them! Hahaha 🤣. Why I now ask myself?? Hahaha.

My choice is between 2D or 3B. 😀

What is yours?

Lou 😀

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LouiseJ

I drink Yorkshire tea ‘Where everything’s done proper’ 😉

Even so, I don’t like it too strong so I will go for 4A or 3C. I do drink a lot though and I like dunking with Tesco Malted Milk biscuits.

Mary and I also like going out for afternoon tea and we have lots of really nice places where it is offered. One of our favourites is The Somerville Hotel which has wonderful views over St Aubins Bay.

Rob xx

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lou,

I’m with you 2D looks a perfect cuppa for me. I also tried to force myself to like fruit tea or Earl Grey but I just don’t like them. Like you Rob Yorkshire Tea is the best for me, especially if I dip a cookie biscuit into it! That became too much of a habit during lockdown! I managed to stop associating tea with biscuits and since joining Slimming World 5 weeks ago have lost 13lbs! Still have to fight my sweet tooth tho! But that’s what Syns are for! 🤣🤣

Love your picture Rob. Lovely place to stop and enjoy a cuppa!

Have a lovely weekend all!

Love Jackie 🙋‍♀️Xxx

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertA @jacksprat_x1

Good morning Rob , Jackie and everyone else.

Wow, now Rob I could very happily join you and Mary for tea with that view. Looks glorious, so beautiful.

I’ve not had Yorkshire tea before, if it goes on special offer I will try it, lol. 😀

Rob I used to work with someone who had their tea and coffee so weak, we used to just wave the tea or coffee over the cup hahaha 😂😂 , then it was still too strong 😂😂 .

Jackie you are very right it is very difficult to not have a biscuit to dunk, Rob we love those too, call the cow biscuits as they used to have a cow on them, can’t remember if they still do haha. Jackie I am super impressed with your success so far with SW, I am meant to be doing WW but got derailed with family stuff, I am trying to do something under the radar though.

I hope you all have a good day, chat later,

Lou 😀😎☀️

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sunshinedaff @jacksprat_x1

My goodness Jackie, you have done well.

I am struggling a little with my weight loss as I am not too mobile at the moment and walking is a big part of my regime.

Yes Lou, those biscuits still have a cow on them and they taste so much better dunked in tea, albeit fairly weak tea. 😀

The hotel from which I took the photograph are offering special deal Staycations for locals at £135 per couple for dinner bed and breakfast. A number of others are doing similar offers and some of the more modest ones are starting at £85.00 for the same option.

It is a pleasant and sunny day today. Apparently, we haven’t had any rain for 15 days which means we are in a drought situation.🤔?

The outdoor Jersey Royal potatoes are being harvested now. They are still a bit special and we always look forward to enjoying them at this time of year. Many of them are planted on steep cotils and everything has to be done by hand.

The workers used to come from France, but post Brexit they are mostly from the Philippines.

Have a lovely week.

Rob xxx