Home Cancer Forum What's On Your Mind Today?

Non hodgkinsons Lymphoma

Frankie1Frankie1 Posts: 6

Hello. My name is Frances and I have been diagnosed with Follicular Lymphoma. I had this mildly 15 years ago and never thought it would return. However, I have a very good treatment plan and a great deal of support from my family and friends. I am having eight cycles of treatment and the doctors and nurses are really kind and positive. So far the worst side effect is tiredness and be cautious about getting an infection. Have just joined this forum and am happy to be part of it.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frankie1

Hi Frances,

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry to hear you are facing another journey through cancer. It is good to hear you have a fabulous team of doctors and family and friends around you giving you support through this time.

It is great you have found us here also, everyone here is very friendly and supportive. Please feel free to come and chat at any time. There are several chats going on simultaneously and there is usually someone online to chat with.

I hope you continue to make good progress throughout your treatment and out of the other side.

I look forward to chatting with you soon.

Lou x

• Frankie1Frankie1 Posts: 6

Thank you so much Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Frankie1

Hi FrancesI am sorry to hear that your cancer has returned though I am pleased to hear that you have such a good support network.

As Lou has said, this is a friendly group and we love to chat. I find it can be helpful to speak with others who have experienced, or are going through cancer as they are able to step into my shoes and 'get' how I feel.

The cancer coffee break section is fun too. If you have an animal, it would be lovely if you wanted to post a photo on the furry friends section.

Rob x

Hi Rob

Thank you for your message and support. I am happy to be part of this group and am sure it will be very helpful and informative. Everyone I have been in contact with through this journey have been wonderful.

Staying positive.

Frances xx

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

@Frankie1

Good Morning Frankie,

I am so sorry to hear that cancer has come back into your life again. So good to hear that you have a good support network and now that you have joined this group you will be well cared for! I found it so helpful to have a place to come to share how I was feeling going through my surgery and chemo for bowel cancer. To know that whatever cancer we are experiencing there are like minded kind people here who are doing it or have done it and come out of the other side and really get how it feels. You can talk about the nitty gritty or if you fancy a break from it you can go over to the coffee break page and have a laugh or smile. Contribute or just have a read!

I have had two clear scans six months apart so hoping that my treatment has been successful.

By the way my little Grandaughter’s name is Frankie (not short for Frances we were told haha) It suits her, she is only one.

Hope you enjoy the posts and look forward to hearing from you again. Good luck with your treatment.

Love Jackie 🙋‍♀️X

Dear Jackie

thank you for your lovely post. Wonderful that your scans were clear. Everyone is so welcoming and I am so happy to be part of this group. My very best wishes to you.

love, Frances xx

• ChriskChrisk Posts: 7

Hello everyone. I have had bile duct cancer and have had a good portion of my liver removed I have completed my chemo and had 2 clear scans .Yessss😀! My problem is I am sure , the same for many that my anxiety has gone through the roof. I coped very well through the diagnosis, treatment and the long recovery but now I am a basket case. I understand that this is normal but the depression and anxiety is such a difficult place to be. I am seeing a counsellor but I feel I haven’t the energy to deal with it. Everyone tells me I look so well and to them it’s all done with .