It's Blue Monday...here's how to cope
Today is Blue Monday - claimed to be the saddest day of the year by many.
I just wanted to check how you're all doing / feeling?
Do you think Blue Monday is 'real'? I was just having an interesting conversation with a friend at lunch and she said she doesn't believe in 'anything non-scientific' and that she feels absolutely no difference! Meanwhile, I myself woke up feeling more anxious than usual without any particular reason and also find it very difficult to focus on anything. 🤔
Would love to hear your thoughts!
I also wanted to share a couple of useful resources & tips below.
💡 USEFUL RESOURCES & TIPS 💡
If you're up for reading:
- Cancer and SAD – tips for coping with winter blues when you have cancer
- Can cancer cause depression?
- Inspiring stories from our Community
If you'd like to join the discussion:
- What made you smile this week?😊
- Furry friends - the best recovery buddies (This thread is full of cute pics of your pets😁)
- Encouraging thoughts
If you'd like to talk to a professional:
- Ask Karin Sieger, The Cancer Counsellor here. Karin is a psychotherapist, writer and podcast host, specialising in support with the emotional and mental impact of cancer. She offers support through all stages of the cancer experience (diagnosis, treatment, remission, recurrence, living with cancer, terminal cancer, loss and grief).