Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

This is what made me smile today

LindsayB22LindsayB22 Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited March 20 in Cancer Coffee Break

Hi Everyone. It a lovely sunny day today both outside and within me. I went for my 3 monthly checkup and my fabulous consultant at Durham Hospital told me that no more scans would be given as the Non-Hodgkins lymphoma I have is not bothering me and no new symptoms have occurred. So, it's another phase of active monitoring for me and I feel great physically. Onwards and upwards for now and my 3 monthly check ups will now be 4 monthly. Take care of yourselves.

Lynn.

Comments

• jacksprat_x1jacksprat_x1 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lynn,

That is fantastic news! You must be so pleased! Well done!

It is so important to share the good news to help those who are battling this terrible disease to know that our wonderful Hospital staff are doing great things for us!

It has been a glorious sunny day in Suffolk on the east coast today! Had a lovely walk with my husband and dog Jasper. Chilly tho! Now watching the Rugby, well it has to be done!

Have a lovely weekend! Treat yourself to something nice!

Lv Jackie 🙋‍♀️X

• LindsayB22LindsayB22 Posts: 33 ✭✭

Hi Jackie, Yes, I am very pleased with what the consultant told me. I have got something new, a new mobile phone as the other one had totally given up, so out I go snapping my 2 gorgeous grandsons with my phone. Enjoy your weekend.

Lynn xx

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 678 mod

@LindsayB22

Hi Lynn,

How wonderful to hear from you, and your news is so good to hear. I am so pleased for you. It is very encouraging for you and your family. As Jackie has said, it is encouraging for others to hear also, especially those with a similar cancer to yourself. There is always hope.

Enjoy your new phone and the wonderful time spent with your lovely grandchildren. Precious moments to be treasured.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Lou xx

🤗😊

Hi Lynn,

That’s good. What lovely news for your family. Don’t tell me , I know what it is like, I can’t stop snapping my grandchildren. I knew I would love them but oh my! I have a boy of 6, boy almost 3 and two little girls of 18 and 15 months.

I must update my phone and downloads all my photos. Will be a long job!

Thank you Lynn take care

🙋‍♀️x

Hi Lou,

Nice to hear from you too. I was wondering whether to announce my good news, in case anyone got upset, particularly if their health wasn't that good, but I'm pleased I did now. I've got some very supportive and positive-minded friends here, as well as a few family members to help me and keep my spirits up, should I feel low and it happens from time to time.

Take care,

Lynn xx

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 678 mod

Oh no Lynn, I am soooo glad you have shared the good news. I think it is so important, I think one of the most important things we need when going through cancer is hope, hope that we will get through it. When we read others' stories about how treatment is working in removing or reducing the cancer, it helps others to keep going and not to give up. Yes, even though things may be going well we can all have dark days and feelings of being low etc (I know I have).

It is great you have found support here and new friends too to help you through this time. I can't believe how many wonderful people I have met on here since the community began, it is brilliant!

Lou xx😊

@ Sunshinedaff

@ LyndsayB22

Hi Lynn,

As Lou said I think it is important to let people know the good stuff too!

When I was in the middle of treatment it made me feel heartened to hear that people did get through this. It was encouraging! Of course I was really hoping I would be one! I did have good news as Lou knows this week, I had a polyp taken from my bowel a year after a major op, it was sent away for testing and it was the only one left and is non cancerous and there is no evidence in the bowel. Wow! Just got a scan next Friday to check nothing escaped elsewhere. So fingers crossed!

All the best

Jackie 🙋‍♀️X

Hi Jackie. Ahh that is good news and yes fingers and toes crossed for the next scan on Friday. It actually gives me a buzz knowing some people get through their illnesses and I'm truly happy for anyone who receives good news, like you. Take care Jackie.

Lynn xx

Hi Lou,

That's reassuring to know. I agree with you, there's some lovely people on this site and each one has given me a boost whenever I read different stories of how people cope, with whatever cancer they have. It's like a release mechanism being able to write my feelings down, without being accused of attention seeking, which is what happened to me when I was first diagnosed, but I'm a strong person and can usually bounce back and get on with my daily stuff. Take care Lou.

Lynn.

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,175 mod

@LindsayB22

hello Lynn

How lovely to hear from you and what good news you bring. As Lou and Jackie said, we love to hear good news. It makes us all happy and gives encouragement too.

I know what you mean about attention seeking. I can't say that I have actually experienced any such accusations myself, but I believe that people who have not had cancer cannot really step into our shoes and 'get' how it feels. I have a nephew to whom I used to be very close, but in the three years since my diagnosis, he has never mentioned it and he rarely contacts me now.

Once you have had cancer it never really goes away. There are the drugs, the pain, the weariness, the anxiety of the medical checks - it never ends and personally, I love being part of this Community where I have made so many brave new friends. We can say how we feel and know that we will be listened to and understood without being judged.

My heart always skips a beat when Durham is mentioned. It is a beautiful and friendly place and when we get back to England, hopefully this year, I will be a frequent visitor.

Rob x

@LindsayB22

Hi Lynn,

I just wanted to say you are more than welcome to say whatever you like on this site, without being accused of attention seeking. I think anyone in our situation deserves all the attention they can get. You are right it is such a good release mechanism to vent your feeling and worries and a lovely place for humour too! Some stories have given me such a lift and left me giggling!

take care

love Jackie xxx 🙋‍♀️💖

Hi Jackie, Thankyou for your kind words of encouragement. Everyone needs a giggle now and then and it's good to be around like-minded people. Hope you've had a good day. I've been on the first of a 2 day psychology-based course which was very interesting and helped me to forget about my health issues.

Lynn xx