Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Living with breast cancer

Alison1Alison1 Posts: 6

Good morning everyone ,I would like to say thank you for the reply’s I had back and just wanted to share something with you ,I was at hospital yesterday having my drained checked which unfortunately cannot be taken out for a couple of days and I bumped into a friend who I shared the weeks of chemotherapy with as she was booked in the same day as me every week ,we always chatted and laughed our way through every session and I sincerely admired her strength and sheer courage as a person ,well that lovely lady has been given bad news and I have to say since my diagnosis I haven’t really cryed ,but I sobbed all the way home ,I’m so sorry to share this with you as you all know we have good and bad days and I’m just having abit of a wobble ,anyway I hope to speak soon x

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alison1

Hi Alison,

I am so sorry to hear you have had a tough few days. Please do not apologise for sharing when you are struggling. That is why we are here! You have been holding it all together since your diagnosis and through your treatment, having to try and take everything in and remain positive and strong at the same time. Finding some friendship in the midst of chemo, with another person who is going through it too is a real blessing, but also, the possibility of 'bad news' is never far away. It is completely understandable you feel 'undone' by her news. It is heartbreaking when we hear this sort of thing, and we have no answers for it. But I am sure regardless of any news she may have been given she will be encouraging you to stay strong. Having 'wobble' days is OK, just think of yourself as a weeble, (they wobble but never fall down).

Sending you a huge hug,

Lou x

• Alison1Alison1 Posts: 6

Hello Lou ,thank you for yr lovely reply ,what a special person you are ,I went to see surgeon today and expecting all good but unfortunately all though all cancer has gone from breast and under arm ,they have found cancer in my neck,so I back seeing ongoligist today for a plan forward so I’m a bit in shock at moment but ok ,I will keep you up dated ,kind regards Alison xx

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alison1

Morning Alison,

Oh I am so sorry to hear this, it is such a rollercoaster of highs and lows and you can never tell which is coming next. I will be thinking of you today, I hope you come away with a plan of action.

Sending even bigger hugs,

🤗🤗

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,176 mod

@Alison1 @Sunshinedaff

Hi Alison

I am sorry to hear about your friend and also to hear about your own disappointing news. The cancer journey is never straightforward but it is still a shock when we are handed a new challenge. I am really pleased that you decided to share your story with us and I would like to reaffirm that we are here to support and comfort each other through the cancer journey.

I do hope that your meeting with the oncologist was positive and that you have a good and positive plan going forward.

Rob x

• Alison1Alison1 Posts: 6

Hello Lou and rob ,hope you are both well ,and thank you for yr lovely reply’s after seeing oncologist yesterday I have a mri and ct scan today and they she wants to see results befour moving forward ,to be honest it’s all abit much to take in at the moment as I wasn’t expecting them to tell me that the cancer had spread to any where else especially as I only had op 2 weeks ago ,so it’s all very confusing at the moment but she did say there are going to start me on a new drug called c d k 4 ,I not to sure if that’s correct but I’m going to ask the nurse today ,anyway on and upwards !!!!! And I will let you know when I know more and again thank you for yr kind words and support it means a lot ,bye for now Alison xx