Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Coping With Treatments & Side Effects

Hi

MagsypMagsyp Posts: 1

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mags and in October 2016 I was diagnosed with Secondary Breast Cancer, primary diagnosis was in August 1997, so it came as a bit of a shock.

Hormone treatment is working so my diagnosis is stable - which is great. Living life to the full and enjoying retirement.

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 679 mod

@Magsyp

Hello Mags! It is lovely to 'meet' you, you are very welcome here.

It must have been a massive shock to have another diagnosis after being clear for so long. I am very sorry to hear about the latest diagnosis, but it is good the hormone treatment is being effective. Long may that continue!

It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying living your life regardless of this latest development, I think that is the best thing to do. Refusing to let cancer stop you living and making the most out of life is great. I really hope that you continue to remain in a good place.

So glad you have joined us, I look forward to getting to know you, please feel free to join in with any chat, or start your own. Everyone here is very friendly and supportive, please keep in touch with how you are doing.

Best wishes,

Lou x

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,176 mod

@Magsyp

Hi

Lovely to hear from you.

It is good to know that your hormone treatment is working and that your diagnosis is stable.

I have a different cancer of course, but I am also on hormone treatment which has been effective to date.

I am also retired and my wife, Mary and I make sure that we make the most of our reprieve. We know what is important and what is not and we make sure that we have fun and lots of laughter.

I do hope that you will keep in touch. This is a lovely community full of warm friendly people who enjoy chatting and supporting one another.

Rob x