Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Diagnosis & Appointments

Hello

Carrie2463Carrie2463 Posts: 1

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I had bowel cancer with a secondary tumour in my liver. Extensive surgeries, colostomy, liver resection, two rounds of chemo, an ileostomy and finally bowel resection. All this over the past 4 years. I thought that my journey was coming to the end when my last CT scan showed something in my liver. Waiting now for an MIR scan to get more accurate picture.

Would love to chat and make new friends. Carrie

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 679 mod

@Carrie2463

Hi Carrie,

I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis and all of the treatments and operations you have been through to be free of cancer. I know there are many others here with very similar diagnoses as yourself, they will be very familiar with what you have endured. I had breast cancer so my experience is different to yours but from speaking with others here I can imagine how difficult the last four years have been for you.

You are very welcome here, I am sure others will make contact with you too. Even though the cancers may be different for us all, we do all understand the impact cancer has on each others' lives, sharing many similar experiences from the side-effects of treatment to the emotional and mental aspect of living with cancer. You will find a lot of support, understanding and friendship here, from others who are still in the midst of treatment to those who have come through the other side, all with various types of cancer and diagnosis.

I hope that your MRI appointment comes through very soon, I know how waiting for these appointments is a very anxious time, and trying to keep our thoughts and fears from overtaking us is difficult.

I hope to chat with you soon,

Lou x