Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Carers Corner

Gifts for my friend

Joyoyo1Joyoyo1 Posts: 1
edited June 2020 in Carers Corner

Hi. My friend was diagnosed 2 years ago and went through chemotherapy and got the all clear after her treatment. Unfortunately it has returned and is now having weekly chemo. I watched her go through it last time and didn’t know what I could do for her, this time I’m more aware of her symptoms, she gets very dry lips, sore mouth, painful tummy, I was hoping to do her a basket of all the things that could help her in some way to ease. I’ve looked at lip balms and nausea sweets, would anyone be able to recommend things that you’ve used that would really help or any other gift ideas please. Thank you so much and love to you all xx

Comments

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joyoyo1

I am sorry to hear that your friend is having to go through chemotherapy all over again. It must be particularly tough at this time of year.

I have not been through chemotherapy and I am not in a position to suggest anything at this time. However, a lot of our members have been through it and I am sure that you will hear from some of them before too long.

Welcome to our group. It is full of friendly, helpful people who love to chat and support each other through the cancer journey.

Rob x

• Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 406 Community Admin

Hello @Joyoyo1, welcome to our community!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.

I do think a basket sounds lovely, I got one for a friend of mine who was about to start chemo, plus wrote a couple of encouraging words of course, and she loved it!

I have not been through chemo myself and therefore cannot recommend anything personally, but I found this gift guide that you might find useful:

There's a couple of thoughtful ideas in there. :)

As Rob says, this is an amazing community of lovely people - we hope you'll find some support here too.💕

Blanka x

• SueEvaMSueEvaM Posts: 32 ✭✭

Hi,

I was given a lovely burner with lavender oil and tea lights which really helped me to relax and sleep better. I would light it when I had a relaxing bath or in the bedroom for an hour before I went to bed. Also I had some relaxing bath products, lotions etc. which were great for taking time out to pamper myself. Hope this helps your friend,

Sue x