Home Cancer Forum Living Better With Cancer

alternative ideas

val53val53 Posts: 1

Hi

I have just joined the group. My husband has a brain tumour with grade cancer and I am always looking for ideas to try to relax him and more importantly me as his main carer

I was recently advised to check all scents to use because of reacting with his chemo - he is on his 2nd set of treatments. I just wanted to make sure as I have been given an Himalayan rock salt lamp that it is safe to use.

I use lavender and grapefruit scents at the moment.

thanks

Comments

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 547 mod

@val53

Hi Val,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis, I know how devastating it is to hear a cancer diagnosis, when it is a loved one it is especially difficult, as often you can feel helpless in being able to offer any kind of relief or make things better. You are very welcome here, there are many others who are also helping loved ones through cancer, hopefully you will find lots of support and understanding here.

With regards to the Salt lamp, I am unfamiliar with this. Certainly you are right in checking to see if there would be an adverse reaction with the chemo. To be certain I would advise you check with your husband's oncologist, they should be able to give you sound advice.

I apologise for not replying to you sooner,

I hope to chat to you soon,

Lou x