Home Cancer Forum Living Better With Cancer

You Stories: Diane's Cancer Diary

Blanka_CBlanka_C Posts: 268 Community Admin

"Love may be lovelier the second time around; breast cancer, not so much..."

Hello everyone,

We have recently launched a truly inspiring series on our blog - and I thought I'd share it with you!

After being given the all-clear three years ago, Diane has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time. She's writing a diary about her cancer journey, sharing her observations and insights - both practical and emotional.

You can read her very first entry here: https://cancer.livebetterwith.com/blogs/cancer/diane-s-cancer-diary-the-second-time-around

Does any of you keep a diary? A friend of mine writes her thoughts down every single day before going to bed - and finds it very calming . :)

Blanka x

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Blanka_C

Hi Blanka,

Thanks for sharing Diane's story. I have just finished reading through all of her diary pages. Diane has been able to put into words so eloquently and with great detail her experience of this latest Massive Inconvenience. Please if you can, pass on to her a huge thank you for taking the time and energy, I know that is not easy when you are in the midst of all this stuff.

I am sure anyone who reads it will be encouraged, informed, and full of admiration not only for Diane but for anyone who has to endure cancer and any treatment.

I did start to write down my thoughts and experiences at first, then it became difficult, so have done it retrospectively.

It can be very cathartic to write down how and what we are going through ' in the moment'. Often it is better out of our minds and heads than left inside to spin us round and round! Sometimes though I can't write fast enough! Lol! Perhaps I should just voice record it!

Lou xx

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Blanka_C @Sunshinedaff

Hi Blanka

I found Diane’s blog fascinating. It must have been heartbreaking to know that her cancer had returned and I was really impressed at the way she is facing this new challenge.

Her diary is eloquent and inspiring for anyone going through cancer of any kind and perhaps you will pass on my appreciation to her.

Haha Lou. Never thought of voice recording. Great idea. 🎤👍

Rob xx