Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Diagnosis & Appointments

How to cope with a cancer diagnosed? Join my online talk.

KarinSiegerKarinSieger Posts: 98 Emotional Wellbeing Advisor
edited March 2020 in Diagnosis & Appointments

Shock, disbelief, confusion, fear, uncertainty ... A cancer diagnosis can be devastating - for the person with the illness and those around them. What to expect? How best to cope? 

Hello,

I am the cancer counsellor here with LBWC and have been diagnosed with breast cancer twice. If you need help with your own diagnosis, then why not join me on Tuesday 22nd October at 1500 online for an informative and down-to-earth online talk on how to best support yourself and get ready to face what may lie ahead.

Who is this meeting for?

Anyone diagnosed with cancer, whatever the cancer, whatever the prognosis, whether it is your first or a repeat diagnosis. Family, friends, carers are also welcome!

What will you get from joining this meeting?

✅A greater understanding of the emotional and mental impact of a cancer diagnosis.

✅Practical coping techniques.

✅Guidance to help you decide how you want to talk about your diagnosis to others. 

✅Recommendations on how to engage with your medical team and get the information you need.

✅Support in developing longer-term strategies for coping with cancer treatment.

When?

Tuesday, 22nd October 2019, 1500 - 1630 UK time (use time converter here for your local time).

How?

Register via Eventbrite here

The meeting is online via Zoom. You will receive the link by email.

You may be asked to download the app, which is straightforward.

I look forward to seeing you then!

Karin

Browse my cancer support articles

Listen to episodes of my popular podcasts “Cancer and You” or "Soul Cravings"

Find out about cancer counselling with me

Karin Sieger
Psychotherapist | Cancer Counsellor  | Reg. MBACP (Accred)