Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Diagnosis & Appointments

Newly Diagnosed

BrightstarBrightstar Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Diagnosis & Appointments

Hi there. Just come across this Web site by accident and so glad I did. I recently went for my 3 yearly mammogram and was recalled for further tests. I was given the news last Thursday that I have the early stages of cancer. While I know I'm incredibly lucky that it's been caught so soon, it was still a big shock! I have lost my mum, dad and both my brothers to cancer, so it is really scary. My appointment to see a Consultant has already been cancelled and put back, which is not what you want when you are in a state of shock. My brother was told his cancer was 100% curable and through constant delays, cancellations and lots of cock ups with the NHS, he ended up losing his life. Getting the letter to say my initial appointment had been cancelled sent chills through my spine, because I just thought of my brother. I am just hoping that my new appointment does not get cancelled, as I think that would send me over the edge. When you receive this sort of diagnosis, you just want it out of you as quickly as possible. Fingers crossed that my appointment for the end of the month goes ahead as planned.

Tagged:

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brightstar

Hi,

A very warm welcome to you, it is lovely to 'meet' you. I am so glad you found us here.

I am very sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis especially in light of your family history with cancer.

It is incredibly scary when you are initially diagnosed, I am so sorry the oncology appointment has been delayed. It is good the mammogram picked up the abnormalities in the screening process, and that it is in the early stages.

I do absolutely understand how you feel, I too have lost my sister, dad and mum to cancer, and recently my remaining sister was also diagnosed with breast cancer. It is difficult not to dwell on the fear and family history thinking will it happen to you.

Be encouraged, I am still here! I did not go the same way as my family, I am hoping my sister follows my footsteps too. I have had all the treatment possible, chemo, surgery, radiotherapy and I no longer have cancer.

There are far more advances being made in the treatment of breast cancer too. The waiting for these appointments is often the hardest part as you are still dealing with a lot of unknowns. Once you have seen someone, and a timeline of treatment is arranged you can get your head around things a bit more.

There are many others here who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, some still undergoing treatment, others through it. But even if the cancer is different you will definitely find masses of support and encouragement here. Everyone is very friendly and will love to chat with you often.

I understand you may be feeling overwhelmed by all of this at the moment, it is a huge shock to come to terms with. Just to say you are not on your own, please feel free to come and chat at anytime, or you can message me directly if you like.

Thinking of you,

Chat soon

Lou x

• BrightstarBrightstar Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Hi, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased you are now free of cancer 😊 We tend to forget all the thousands of people out there who do get free of the disease.

My brother was just extremely unlucky and we must not forget how lucky we are to have the NHS and all the marvellous work they do.

I will feel much better when I finally get to speak to my consultant. I just feel so overwhelmed at the moment.

I have recently left a job, so too much time to think! Can't really start looking for another job now, until I get all my treatment out of the way.

Worried about the money side as well, as I don't know how long from start to finish all this is going to take. I know I have to go through radiotherapy, but I'm hoping the side effects will be minimal.

Going to look for some new bras, as I believe you can't wear underwired while going through radiotherapy. Is this correct? Any recommendations on what type I should buy?

Would love some feedback on how you found radiotherapy?

Thank you for your support. Lots of love J xx

@Brightstar

Hi, good evening 😄

Is radiotherapy the first or only treatment you think you will be having?

Radiotherapy was the last part of my treatment, I was still recovering from surgery when I started it. I hadn't started wearing bras again at that time.

The skin around the area of radiotherapy can become very sore, a bit like susunburn. You don't want anything too tight to be digging into the skin.

Once I felt comfortable enough to wear a bra I bought some post-mastectomy ones.

To be honest I found radiotherapy to be the easiest part of my treatment, after everything I had been through already. It is tiring, the fatigue builds as the weeks go on and my skin had sunburn where the radiotherapy hit.

I am sorry to hear you have had to give up your work currently. I can understand the anxiety about future finances.

I would recommend giving the Macmillan Cancer Support team a call. They provide brilliant support to patients and families going through cancer. You may be eligible for the PIP benefit payments. The Macmillan nurses would also be able to help you get the forms sorted and submitted. I am not suggesting you are not able to do this stuff on your own, 😄. When everything is so overwhelming, sometimes having someone around who can help is good.

Thinking of you, sending hugs 🤗🤗,

Lou xx

Hi Lou. Thank you so much for all your info. I will contact McMillan tomorrow to see if I can get any financial help.

Radiotherapy is going to be the second part of my treatment. My cancer is confined within my milk ducts so just a section of my breast will need to be removed. Not sure how soon after the op, I will start my radiotherapy! I am in the dark really until I see the Consultant.

Sounds like you have been through such a lot. It must have been very terrifying for you. I think when you have lost so many family members with cancer, you just go into panic mode!

I feel so guilty for feeling so anxious and scared, when there are people like yourself who have had to endure so much more!

It just brought so much back to me about what my brother had gone through, as I only lost him a couple of years ago. I do think if I had not lost so many family members with it, I would have handled the news a bit better.

Feeling more calmer now and basically just want to get on with my life like everyone else.

Sending you massive hugs🤗🤗 🤗 and I really hope your sister will get a positive outcome. It must help her, knowing that you have come through it. I am sure you must be a real inspiration to her 😊 and she can draw strength from you.

Lots of love J😘

@Brightstar

Hi, good morning! 😊

Absolutely do not feel guilty for having anxiety and worrying thoughts and fears...ever! It is completely understandable and often unavoidable when we face serious disease such as cancer. I can't think of another that strikes fear at the very core of us the way cancer does. It has a huge impact on your life and the lives of those around you.

I do understand really with losing your brother still relatively recently. The pain of his passing and your own grief will all re surface along with the fears cancer throws at you.

Yes, I hope my sister finds encouragement, she is in the early days of chemo, taking it one day at a time.

Great you are contacting Macmillan, I know others who have found their support invaluable.

I am very thankful I came through this, now I try and encourage others to be as positive as possible, hanging in there. It is a day by day thing, some days will be better than others. But you are not alone. This community is a great source of encouragement and support.

I hope you have some peace today,

🤗🤗

Lou xx

Thank you 😘

• RobertARobertA Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019

@Brightstar @Sunshinedaff

Good evening ladies and hi J

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis and how sad to hear that you have lost your parents and brother to this horrible disease.

Getting a diagnosis of cancer is scary and overwhelming and my heart goes out to you. You are not on your own and I hope that you will keep in touch as we are a friendly and supportive group of people who know what it is like to be diagnosed with cancer and we are always here to chat and to support each other through the the cancer journey. You do get used to it and the continuous improvements and advances in treatments are reflected in the number of our community members who come through cancer free. Lou is a shining example who is always around to support and help others who are facing this challenge.

You really must not feel guilty about being anxious and scared. There may be people who are worse off than you but that does not make your own situation, emotions and feelings any less important. They really do matter and should not be devalued.

I agree with Lou, MacMillan Cancer Support are amazing and they have helped me through some very difficult times. I do hope that they will be able to give you the support you need and deserve.

Rob x

Hi Rob. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

I was going to call Mcmillan yesterday, but I just wanted a day where I didn't have to think or talk about cancer. Easier said than done when it's on lots of tv programs and something is mentioned in the papers virtually everyday! I'm now starting to see the funny side of it all now, rather than let it get me down.

I have found out that there is a cancer centre in my town. They have Mcmillan nurses etc who you can talk to, so I will pop over there one day next week.

Weather is so awful today, I am just going to curl up on the sofa and watch a couple of films. I have just downloaded Rocket Man, so looking forward to watching that one. I love biography films and the new Judy Garland film is the next one I want to see.

I have a house rabbit who keeps me company and follows me everywhere. Pets are a great comfort and bring you so much joy.

I am sure we can all share some very funny pet stories with each other to brighten our days!

Love Jx

@Brightstar

Yes, it is good to have time when you do not wish to think or talk about cancer. We have a category called ‘Cancer Coffee Break’ for members to use when we want to talk about anything but cancer. One discussion is called ‘Furry Friends’ and you could use it to tell us a little more about your rabbit. He/she looks lovely on your photo and must be a joy to have around. Please do tell us some of your funny pet stories, we like to have a bit of fun. You can start a new conversation if you wish.

It sounds as if you are a music lover - me too. Music has helped me through some difficult times over the last couple of years. I love Judy Garland and Elton John too, and my wife is a huge Freddie Mercury fan so we have been well served with musical biographies recently.

Rob x

• kar399kar399 Posts: 19

Hello Brightstar,

I am new to this site too. I read your post and it seems to be exactly the same as my situation.

I went for a routine mammogram (I'm 57), thought nothing off it and toddled off on my holiday. A few days after I got home the letter turned up asking me to go for further tests. I did that and after tests etc they thought it could be a cyst, but it wouldn't drain. So I had 2 biopsies - I think I knew then ...........

2 years previously I had a small oral cancer 'In Situ' which after surgery was 100% removed. I still have checks but all good on that one.

I went for my results and yes it was DCIS. Which is early, contained cancer and again 'In Situ'. I had surgery to remove it (big scar but boob still there lol) but pathology showed some Necrosis in surrounding tissue so I am starting radiotherapy in 2 weeks.

Please don't panic, if it is early as you say then you have every chance of getting through this and I really wish you well.

If you want to chat to me either on here or privately then just let me know.

Take care X

Hi @kar399. Thank you for your words of encouragement. It's nice to be in touch with someone who has had the same diagnosis. So pleased that your oral cancer was successfully removed.

I had early signs of cervical cancer when I was in my late twenties. Like yourself it was successfully treated. Although it never really leaves you. I have always been worried that it may come back around that area, so to find out I had dcis was a complete shock. I have lost most of my family to cancer, but no one with breast cancer. Nearly all the females have died from cervical or womb cancer. None of them had ever had smears, so I am lucky that mine was picked up early because of a smear. Thank god for screening, we are so lucky.

I finally get to see a consultant tomorrow to discuss my options. The waiting has been horrendous for me. Like everyone in the same situation, you just want something done quickly. I was told by the breast cancer nurse it would be a lumpectomy and radiation. I don't understand why I need to have radiation if it is contained! Compared to lots of other people, I know we are in a very good position for a complete recovery. I still find it very scary though. I will be thinking of you and will be interested to hear how you find the radiotherapy. I am of a similar age to you as well.

My thoughts will be with you and sending you a huge hug. Love J😘🤗🤗

Hi Brightstar,

Thank you for your reply. Like you I also have a family history of lots of cancer, but never Breast Cancer ??

I hope your meeting with your Consultant today went well.

As for the Radiation, I think it is more of an insurance type of thing. I was told the 'icing on the cake' of my treatment. I am actually glad to have it, it gives me peace of mind for the future.

I agree we are in a better position than a lot of people, but it is still frightening and a difficult time for us and our families.

I will think of you also, please keep in touch, love J (same initial too) !! ❤️

Hi Kar399

My meeting with the consultant went well. He was very positive and reassuring.

I am booked in to have my lumpectomy on the 8th, so only 2 weeks to go.

Radiotherapy depends on what they find when they take the section out. But I trust his decision, so whatever he suggests, I will go along with.

One of the nurses had nothing but praise for him and said he had operated on a lot of her family and he was one of the best. So I feel I am in the best hands.

I had to go for pre op tests straight after. My blood pressure was through the roof and my heart rate was over 100. I'm just hoping this won't delay the op, as the nurse said she would have to pass my details on to the anesthetist and he would decide if I am fit enough for the op. I told her it was just because I had only just seen the consultant and had been very anxious. My blood pressure was normal only a few days before and I have a fast heart rate around 90 normally. She was very abrupt and not very nice at all. I will be so upset if it does get delayed.

Its not really the best time to send people for prechecks when they have just seen a consultant, and understandably are anxious anyway.

2 people who had gone in before me had come out in tears, which had really upset me. One only looked to be in her 20's and it broke my heart to see her so distressed.

Cancer effects so many lives and we all share the same fears. It certainly makes you see everything in a different light.

Was you on hrt? I have been on hrt for 6 years and I am convinced its the hrt that has caused this. Especially as no one in my family has had breast cancer. I did ask the consultant but he said he wasn't going to answer that, as he didn't want me blaming myself for it! I have stopped taking it now and certainly won't go back on it regardless.

Take care and thinking of you ❤️J😘

• LouiseJLouiseJ Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Brightstar

Hi J,

It is good news that you have at last got some firm information and a timeline for treatment. I am really pleased your appointment with the consultant went well and you feel confident and reassured in his expertise, ability and positive nature concerning your treatment etc. Not so good was your experience with the nurse taking your blood pressure and pre-op assessment. I am sure if they need to check it again before your op, they will contact you. I hope it all goes ahead smoothly for you, and you manage to avoid any colds and germs until then too.

Waiting for ops or treatment to begin is an anxious time, even with routine things but with cancer, everything is magnified and increased. We are here for you anytime you feel like a chat or anything.

Chat soon,

🤗🤗

Lou xx

@kar399 @Brightstar

Hi Kar J.

What lovely informative and kind posts. I agree that the radiotherapy is good to have as an insurance/backup and it is usually painless, effective and reassuring.

Hi Brightstar J.

I am not surprised that your blood pressure and heart rate were high. It always happens to me when I am having tests. My doctor advised me to buy a monitor to use at home and the figures are always much better when I do not feel under pressure and I am in my own environment. How disappointing that the nurse was so abrupt. As we all know, cancer is pretty scary and we should not downgrade our own situation by thinking that others are worse off than we are. Lots and lots of women are on hrt for many years and do not get cancer and as your doctor rightly said, it is not your fault. All the best for your lumpectomy.

I do hope that you will both keep in touch. There are some amazing, friendly and caring people in this community and we love to chat and support each other through the cancer journey.

Rob x

Hi Lou & Rob. Great to hear from you both. Hope all is as well as it can be.

I have come to the conclusion that some people should not be nurses. It used to be a vocation but sadly these days it's a just a job for some people.

I have worked for the NHS and a private hospital and some nurses and doctors attitudes have horrified me. I am just

Sorry sent too soon. Clicked on the wrong thing.

Was trying to say that I am grateful that I have a caring compassionate nature. I was brought up to treat people like I want to be treated and it has served me well.

Luckily there are lots of lovely doctors and nurses and we would be in a right mess without them.

Had a friend round today and we had a lovely lunch and I opened a bottle of champagne. It was nice to be able to forget the last 4 weeks and just be normal again.

Not sure if I really should be drinking alcohol but hey ho it felt great! 😂

Don't forget to put your clocks back tonight. I wish we didn't mess around with the times, I hate the dark mornings. I definitely go right down in the winter.

My husband bought me one of those special lights that are supposed to help with SAD, but I find it's only good for putting my contact lenses in! 😂

Luv to you both ❤️❤️🤗🤗

J😘

@RobertA @Brightstar

Hi J,

I echo your sentiments exactly on our brilliant NHS and the wonderful doctors and nurses who dedicate their lives to helping us. Even though there may be some who might wonder themselves why they work in the profession, for the most part the majority of people are compassionate and sincere in their roles.

Like you having been in nursing, my sister is also a nurse, and now on the receiving end of having treatment. I am sure it must be difficult at times as your knowledge and expertise at nursing may cause you to notice and see things how it should be done!

I also lament the clocks changing, I am with you in that too! I would live in summer 12 months of the year if I could!

So glad you had an enjoyable time with your friend, and there is always a good time to drink a glass of champagne! I only had it a couple of times during treatment,and it was the only alcohol that didn't turn my stomach!! Lol!

I hope you have a peaceful weekend,

Lots of hugs 🤗🤗

Lou xx

@Brightstar @Sunshinedaff

Haha J

I did laugh at the use you have put your anti SAD light to. I imagine that having lunch and champagne with your friend was more effective in lifting your spirits.

Mary and I cheered ourselves up with a stopover at a local hotel. Dinner, bed and breakfast with a show, wine and beer. As it is half term, there were lots of families with children and we had keep fit, dancing, congas and it was a lot of fun. Great to see the young ones having a good time without needing their iPhones etc. We were actually quite pleased to have the extra hour lie in for once.

Ah well, back to normal. I had a root canal at the dentist this morning. It was not too painful but the bill was😬.

Hope you both have a good week.

Rob xx

@RobertA

Hi Rob. Glad you had a nice time at your hotel. Its good to treat yourself now and again. We all need something to give us a boost, especially at this time of the year.

Just off to meet a friend for lunch. All my friends are trying to catch up with me before I go into hospital next week.

Still it's a good excuse to polish off some nice wine 🍷 I love a nice red with a meal, but don't like it without food. Now champagne I can drink anytime! 😂

I'm at the dentist Thursday. Just a small filling for me but it's still costing me £60, as I wanted a white one.

Hope the weather is better today where you are. It's blowing a gale today and is freezing. I love the changing of the seasons, as long as its not windy and I'm outside in it. I have lots of big trees outside my window and I do love to see the leaves changing colours and watch the squirrels. Sometimes the simple pleasures in life are the best.

Hope you are having a lovely day.

Love J x

@Brightstar

Hi J

Lovely to hear from you.

It is damp and dark today, though not cold. Not so sure I particularly like the winter months, but it sounds lovely to have those trees outside your window and it must be fun seeing the leaves changing colour and watching the squirrels going about their business. Because I live on an Island, the grey squirrel has not arrived here which has allowed our gorgeous little red ones to flourish.

I was thinking of Alfie today. I have my new hearing aids and .I have really taken to them I had no idea I was missing anything even though Mary has been telling me I am deaf for ages.

Enjoy your time with your friends and keep an eye on that champagne. You can get used to it.😉

Rob x

@RobertA

Hi Rob.

How lovely that you have red squirrels. I would love to see them in the flesh, as they look so adorable when I have seen pictures of them.

I laughed when you said you thought of Alfie. Unfortunately Alfie won't wear his hearing aid! 😂

My husbands hearing is getting bad, so very soon I will just be talking to myself! Mind you when I ask him if he would like some cake, he always hears that! 😂

Yes I am very lucky where I live. I have even had badgers in my garden and we get lots of foxes too. I'm only half an hour away from an array of horses and donkeys. I love to see animals just roaming around as free as a bird.

Have a lovely evening.

Love J x

edited October 2019

@Brightstar

Hi J

Your husband’s hearing issues sound a lot like mine. I used to be able to use the hearing as a tactic at home but I can’t do that now. 🤔 I mentioned that to the specialist and she pointed out that batteries run out so all is not lost. 🤣 Seriously, hubby may benefit from a hearing test. Modern aids can be computer adjusted for each individual need and don’t just make things louder. An additional gain for me is that my tinnitus is much reduced. By the way, I love cake too and I have found a little café where the lady makes homemade Bakewell Tart. Irresistible.

How lovely to have all those trees and animals around. We don’t have badgers or foxes, but we have nice countryside and the sea.

Take good care,

Rob x

Hi Brightstar,

Sorry for delay in replying but no I did not take HRT. Please don't beat yourself up over taking it, as my breast care nurse said to me 'cancer is caused by a number of factors all coming together - one of which is just pure old bad luck' so please try not to worry about that now. The main thing is to look to the future.

I think you said your Operation was on 8th so good luck with that. I was in and out the same day and have healed well.

My radiotherapy was delayed for a week as the machine allocated to me for treatment broke down !! So I now start that on Monday 11th.

Please let us know how you get on and take care xx

@Brightstar @kar399

Hi J

I hope your op went well and that you are now at home enjoying a glass of champagne. 🍾

Hi Kar

Pleased you had a nice day yesterday - the weather has been horrendous here. Raining all the time but at least it has washed all the seagull poop off the car so I don't have to. You will be starting your radiotherapy tomorrow. Thinking of you too.

I have another root canal tomorrow. It isn't the procedure that hurts. It is the bill. ☹️

Take care

Rob xx

@RobertA @kar399 @Sunshinedaff

Hi All. Finally had my op yesterday. Bad experience having the wires put in beforehand. Ended up having to have 7 local injections and instead of one wire ended up with 4. The doctor just could not get the location quite right, as she had to go very deep. It took nearly an hour and I was in tears by the end of it. Luckily they brought my op time forward, as they were worried about the wires slipping, as my breasts are so heavy. Didn't get home until late though, as I kept being sick. I never react well to an anaesthetic. Was given quite a lot of morphine as well which can make you feel very sick. I told them in the end I felt better, as I wanted to just go home. Was still being sick until early hours this morning, so didn't get much sleep. Plus I have to sleep on my back, and when you are a side sleeper it's not that easy. Op itself went really well. I have had no pain at all today, just a lousy headache. No Robert I hadn't had champagne! 😂 That's for tomorrow! 😂

Hi Lou hope all is going OK for you, and your sister is doing OK. I am in awe of you knowing what you have been through. Just experiencing that yesterday made me think of all the very brave and courageous people on this site who have had too endure so much worse.

Hi Kar. Will be thinking of you on Monday. Hope the radiotherapy isn't too daunting. I will find out on the 21st whether I have to go to down that same road. Let me know how it goes. My mother in law said she found it a doddle after enduring chemo. She had no side effects at all and she had 15 sessions of it. Hope that it goes as well for you. 🙏🙏

Take care all of you, sending you all big hugs 🤗🤗🤗🤗

Hi Brightstar,

So glad your op is over and done with. I agree that having the wire put in was the worst bit. I felt really dizzy and weird for a bit after the procedure.

I should have thought to tell you this earlier, but post surgery you need a really soft comfy bra. I saw a few in Peacocks which were almost like T shirt material but full of support (no wires) so I snapped them up. They have been fab. I also bought a few crop top things from Asda and again they have been fab too. When I say crop top, not the sporty kind, more like a double layer cropped T shirt with adjustable straps for when you don't want anything tight on. Nothing bizarre (I am 57 after all) just good for the days when you want to keep a bit of dignity but need no restrictions !! I hope you understand what I am trying to say lol !!

Strangely I haven't been too good this weekend. I have had an upset stomach so hoping it is just nerves. Thing is - I don't feel nervous about starting radiotherapy so not sure what is going on with that ??

I hope you recover soon and please let me know how you are doing.

Take care xx

Hi Kar. Yes I have bought lots of comfy bras, as I normally only wear underwired. To be honest I don't think I will go back to underwired again, as I have found the bras I bought give me more support and are so comfy. I bought the boxed strong support ones from Marks and Spencers. I also had bought some crop style ones like yourself first, but my cancer nurse said I needed something with a lot more support. I am a 40F cup. Being so big and my bust being so dense is why they had such a problem getting the wire right. I can't believe how pain free I am in that area and the surgeon has done an amazing neat job.

I'm sure your upset stomach is just nerves. Although you don't feel too worried, it's still an alien procedure for you and deep down you are bound to be anxious. All of this has been a shock for us, in fact I still can't believe it. Breast cancer was the one cancer I thought I would not get, as its all been womb or cervical on the female side of my family.

We are fortunate in the type that we have and hopefully you will sail through the radiotherapy. I know so many people who have had it and they have all said its absolutely fine.

Just think it's your final hurdle and then you can get back on track with your life.

I have my 60th next year and I had not planned to do anything that special (I hate birthdays) don't want reminding that I am getting older! 😂 But hey I intend to do something really special now!

Being diagnosed with this at this stage in my life, has made me realise I need to do more and stop putting things off. Since the menopause I have suffered from phobias and awful anxiety and have put off having a new kitchen and bathroom for years. I have now had a design done for my kitchen and that will be going ahead next spring. Somethings in life are meant to try us, but I believe that if we can take some positives from it, then we are stronger than we think.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope your stomach settles down enough that it doesn't interfere with your appointment. The staff will be lovely I'm sure, and will put your nerves at rest. Anything for the first time is always the worst. I was told each session only lasts a few minutes, so hopefully it is the same for you.

Take care and please let me know how you got on, so I know you are allright.

Sending lots of positivity your way 😊🤗😘

@Brightstar @kar399

Sounds as if you have both had a tough few days. I hope that you are feeling better now. I have had radiotherapy kar, different place of course, but each session was short and painless though I did have a slight sunburn on my skin and felt a little tired after the first few treatments.

I agree with you J, a cancer diagnosis can remind us that we do need to treat ourselves from time to time - your new kitchen sounds exciting. It has certainly reminded me to treat myself more in future and I am 74. You are both still babies. 🤣

Rob x

HI RobertA,

Babies ha ha 😂 I wish.

I am feeling better today, and I have managed to get a few chores done this weekend.

My eldest daughter came for Sunday roast today and my youngest daughter who lives in Liverpool (she stayed after Uni) is coming home Wednesday so we can celebrate her 25th Birthday. We live in Cardiff so miss her a lot ! Looking forward to that very much.

Radiotherapy at 3pm tomoz but will be glad to start it because as soon as it starts then the sooner it ends !!

Hope you are both good and have had a peaceful weekend.