Home Cancer Expert Q&A Hub Cancer Coffee Break

Horses

KitKatKitKat Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Cancer Coffee Break
Hi just wondering how many of you out there have horses?
I've got an Appaloosa called Splash. He keeps me sane on my darkest days.
No matter how I am feeling, he still needs to be looked after each day and by the time I leave the yard I am feeling so much happier.

Comments

• SunshinedaffSunshinedaff Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KitKat

Ohh, such a lovely photo of Splash! 😄 He's gorgeous. I really like horses and ponies, but my experience is very limited! 
    I don't have horses, and I have only ridden a horse once in my life. Went with a friend on a trek in the New Forest, and the horse ran away with me! I was hopeless and had no control over him. It was a rash spur of the moment decision, so I was in completely the wrong clothing, jeans, little pump shoes. I was black and blue by the end. 
    This was over 30 years ago! Haha! 

Lou x
  • RobertARobertA Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KitKat @Sunshinedaff

Ooh. What a beauty. I saw him on your profile photo but didn't realise he belongs to you. He is a really handsome chap and it must be lovely to spend time with him and get away from the other stuff for a while. 
    Can you believe that I am a bit nervous around horses and I have never ridden one even though we have relatives who own them. 

Hi Lou
    The things you do when you are young.  I preferred fast cars and girls. Much safer - Haha. Maybe not. 

Rob xx

• KitKatKitKat Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your lovely comments. He is the love of my life and even hubby has come to understand he is second in line ha ha.
    He's my perfect man - handsome, polite and never answers back 😀
    edited July 2019
    @KitKat
    Ha ha. You have two then🤣
    Not sure about the first two positives but I never answer back either. 😳

Rob x

@KitKat

This is a photograph I took on a walk earlier in the season. I don’t know what type of horse they are but they were very friendly and it was lovely to see them.

Rob x